Edinburgh EGPH released

Definitely looks like two sceneries on top of each other. I seem to remember the freeware Edinburgh scenery thats available has some weird name thats difficult to recognise in your mods folder, if you didn’t change it yourself that is.

1 Like

Definitely a conflict there. FYI, It’s not Orbx but Pyreegue who created it although Orbx are a publisher. Things will look way better when you find and remove the conflicting scenery. I would disable everything else apart from the new scenery to confirm but it’s definitely a conflict. If you don’t have any add on manager, just create a sub folder in the Community folder called XXX or something similar and move all folders apart from Edinburgh into that sub folder. Takes 2 seconds to do since there is no copy involved and MSFS will not load the subfolders in the XXX folder meaning only Edinburgh will load. You can then move back in anything you wish to use as required.

Definitely you have a competing scenery of some sort. The control tower is a dead giveaway. When you see EGPH as it should look you will know it, it is excellent.

1 Like

On sale in today’s marketplace sale for £12.49(GBP), a bargain.

3 Likes

That is a crazy good deal, if you don’t have it, get it! Best airport out there!

4 Likes

It’s definitely a work of art. Will need to get their EGPF too (not in marketplace yet).

Any word on this coming to Xbox or not?

Yes, this is coming to Xbox as well according to the Dev.

1 Like

Edinburgh airport now available on the Xbox, currently £12.49 in the sale.

1 Like

Bargain at that price imho. Great airport.

1 Like

I’m highly impressed with this airport on the Xbox, a stunning amount of detail included. Such a improvement over the generic version of my local airport. A fantastic surprise to see this released on the last day of 2021 as I’ve been patiently awaiting its release.

1 Like

Pyreegue’s EGPF is excellent too, similar quality product. Probably not out on XBox yet though but worth waiting for.

1 Like

That’s handy to know. I have considered buying the UK2000 EGPF DLC but I may wait and see if the Pyreegue version is coming to Xbox.

I have both versions, and UK2000 version is very good and I used it for a few months, but I prefer Pyreegue’s as once again it’s like a work of art. It’s more recently released so it may take a month or two to hit Xbox. Definitely worth it though as it really feels like being there. Textures are spot on imo. Makes a nice set with EGPH.

1 Like

That looks fantastic, I’ll definitely await that coming to Xbox.

EGPH looks great at night.

2 Likes

I have it too (just picked it up before Christmas), and yes it does. Definitely raised the bar in airport scenery. It’s also not been too bad for me framerate wise (on my sluggish gaming laptop) which was a pleasant surprise.

1 Like

I haven’t tried this in EGPH (I’m not as familiar with the actual airport), but in EGPF they even have modelled an entire terminal walkway(s) from gates to main building with all the shops along the way. Haven’t tried finding baggage reclaim yet, I don’t think there are check in desks, and there is a lack of airport staff (internally, security, airline staff etc), but it’s quite fun to go explore.

1 Like

Edinburgh has the same, the layout of the first floor terminal and gates appears to be correct.

1 Like

Had this problem since SU9 ( I’m not sure if it arrived earlier, I wasn’t flying much su7-8 ) - seems to be just Edinburgh. I don’t have 3rd party markings ( or as far as I remember anyrthing else relating to the Edinburgh area ) but I do have navigraph. Am I alone with this?

Not seen that myself and showing fine for me at the moment.