Edit: Patch details incoming on the 27, According to support release also 27th - Follow Instructions if you use liveries and custom scenery

According to support the next Patch will go live on the 27th, this can already be seen ingame with the core content pack ready and waiting in the Content Manager. The Pack will not install yet because the game itself needs to be update first before it will take the update pack so wait until the patch drops. Yes it will be a huge download again. Time when the patch will drop on the 27th is not know yet.

Also VERY IMPORTANT! If you use custom Liveries or Custom made scenery, best thing to do is before installing the patch and the core content pack move all your custom content such as custom liveries, custom scenery, mods etc from your community folder to a temp folder. Content bought from the Marketplace can stay. Also if you modified official files in the official folder then I suggest changing that back to default, never smart to modify official files anyway that is what the community folder is for.
Reason for doing this is that the content manager download might either get corrupted or not install at all.

After install make sure to see if anything was changed in the official files, this means having to go through all your liveries again because custom liveries make use of a copy of the Aircraft.cfg so if the official one changed and you dont change it in your livery folder then it will overwrite the new update Asobo file.

After you done all that you can put things back, in regards to scenery make sure to check if Asobo didnt add that Airport or other fixes that were made.

Happy Flying

47 Likes

:thinking:

Ok. I guess great news wrapped in painful re-install is still good news…

Thanks for the detailed update.

4 Likes

Any idea how how “huge” the download will be. I am close to my cap already until 16/9 (yes data caps do still exist :slightly_frowning_face: )

1 Like

The patch through the store I dont know but probably around 1gb max, the core content pack around 80 GB I think it said, because this contains the most files.

How would I put a modified engines.cfg in the Community folder to work with the default plane. Or would I have to copy the entire folder of the CJ4 and then make the modifications?

Which I am not sure what folder to copy.

Can someone help?

screenshot of support’s email?

2 Likes

who told you that?

Source: dude trust MS

Hmm, I can’t see why the entire 80GB has to be downloaded again. Surely they could just download the changes and do a file consolidation. It seems a bit lazy to me. The whole store concept seems to be suited to 100k Apps, not massive scale sims like this.

1 Like

i saw this

2 Likes

Steam can do differential updates, and they have a huge diversity of games and apps. X-plane does it as well. So the mighty Microsoft should be able to do differentials !

3 Likes

Is this for certain? We had this issue in alpha and not sure this means it’s an actual update?

3 Likes

thanks for the heads up. I actually forgot to backup the original aircraft.cfg. will I be alright once the update takes affect?

yes because they stated last week that we will receive an update this Thursday

To patch the game why in the hell would we have to reInstall 90 gigs of game data.

Who in the heck wants to deal with that again after the first time of trying to deal with install issues when it was released?

What the hell is Microsoft thinking?

Good thing I’m getting a refund for premium deluxe purchase…

I’ll play game off and on on the game pass version for a dollar a month.

6 Likes

If they make me download 80GB again to update just a few files, I’m going to mount a campaign to have MSStore adopt differential downloads. If I can get enough people to sign on to the cause, we might be able to influence them.

4 Likes

they didn’t state it would be this big… I’m taking this with a grain of salt until it’s for sure.

1 Like

What if its more than a patch though?

Nope it was stated that on the 27th they would let us know when the patch would be released.

14 Likes

True i guess we’ll see maybe they’re bringing more things to the table, more larger scale improvements perhaps? Or like during alpha just an issue to ignore