Eurofighter Typhoon now available

I am waiting for that too. In the meantime, the MB from IndiaFoxtEcho satisfies my military jet thirst. :wink: Once you fly that, the Typhoon looks really bad.

2 Likes

Next month ?

Yeah, early to mid January, i asked the developer on his FB page

Is the Eurofighter speed in kn or km ? I’m a bit confused.
Thank you

Hello ,

Actualy with the last update mach 2.1 2500Km/h

Thanks
So, the HUD speed is in kmh???

I still hate it. The unlabeled switches, just the cockpit in general. It feels half-finished.

Speed is in Kn.
Same for all aircraft.

1 Like

Several premium aircraft have airspeed indicators labeled in km/h or both knots and km/h.

I agree with you

It just seems like… either do it right or don’t do it at all. This latest one with Mach 2… the flight model doesn’t even support it right now. None of the Garmin stuff they have in there supports it. It’s just a hack job. And with the latest update the switches are still unlabeled. Some switches when you flip them flip right back to where they were. Some switches control other switches too, so you move something down, something else moves up. It’s a mess.

1 Like

With the latest version ( 0.97 ) every minute the game is freezing for about 15-20 seconds, doesen’t matter if I fly low / high or slow / fast
It doesen’t happen with other aircrafts

They posted some sort of fix on SimMarket. It’s a separate download. Not sure why they didn’t just incorporate it into .98 but… it’s there. I flew it for about 5 mins and it didn’t freeze. I ended up over stressing the aircraft on some maneuvers because I have no f’n idea how fast I am going because none of the f’n systems are showing your actual speed since Garmin equipment only goes to 999 knots. And there is no overspeed warning or anything of sort.

1 Like

I saw it now
Thank you so much, I’ll give it a try

1 Like

So far, no issues with the freezing image
I wish I could have some custom liverie for this aircraft
Something like that

I’m really having a lot of fun with this plane, but I must admit that the flight model needs some modifications. For example, in the airplane geometry the “horizontal tail” is defined in the tail of the plane, when in reality this plane uses canards, but I suppose it is not implemented in the SDK (as well as afterburner, but it can be simulated to be engaged at certain throttle percentage). I have tried to simulate the canards by moving the horizontal tail forward and reducing the area to its real value, but doing that also implies moving the center of gravity forward since otherwise, the plane is uncontrollable in pitch behavior. Moving the center of gravity too far would also cause the plane to lose lift and not even take off.

In addition, I have observed that the defined diameter of the fuselage is 13, when in fact it is 5, I do not understand the reason but I have corrected it without problem … In what regards to cockpit, it is possible to change the Aera for the AS3X touch, similar to the ICON A5. I have also noticed that the deice has been defined in the systems, but it does not work because it has not been defined in the electrical system (it is easily fixable adding the proper circuit connection). As for the autopilot there is too much pitch shake when maintaning altitude, but it is correctable by modifying some values in the the ai.cfg PID’s values. In what regards to the model, I think there is some design problem that lowers the fps a lot compared with other stock planes.

The engine’s location is also located at the back outside the plane, when it should be located inside.

However, I recommend it a lot and encourage the author to continue improving it, since we have not much variety in supersonic military aircrafts and i also think the author’s work overall is good.

2 Likes

Even after reading the posts here I got it. The reasons: the lack of military aircraft in FS2020 (except Dino’s wonderful MB 339) and the fact the the author seems to continue to improve the thing. My observations (I do not comment what I could see on screen shots before purchase):

• high Mach is possible even at low level. No supersonic fighter reaches more than Mach 1.3 at low level. This must have been done be cheating the MSFS flight model. During approach my throttle is on idle and I need airbrakes (like my glider in reality). Usually a delta fighter approaches at high AOA and needs a lot of thrust (perfectly implemented at Dino’s Typhoon for P3D).
  • main wheels are mounted at the inner side of main legs. In reality they are mounted at the outer side.
  • at taxi the nose wheel is not oriented in the direction of taxiing
    My whishes for further updates:
  • improve the relation of thrust, speed, an AOA (the behaviour at low speed is more importend than Mach 2)
  • Velocity vector in HUD
  • airbrake indicator in HUD
  • HUD better readable
  • improve FPS
  • liveries for the Air Forces of the Typhoon partner countries

Give them a chance

1 Like

So I’ve spent quite a few weeks with this jet now, and yeah it’s fun…but fun is all it will be, a release in a mad kinda way from the sobriety of the MSFS standard planes, and I must say that none of this is a slight on the developer whatsoever, who has skills far beyond my comprehension in even bringing a jet to fruition…but, it needs a lot of work as I’m sure it takes more than 3 flipped switches to bring the plane to life, the handling model is very suspect at mid to high speed, the brakes since the last update are now non existent for me so much that I’ve overshot the last 2 runways I’ve landed on, and the throttle is so random I’m never sure when landing just what the hell my thrust is at…BUT, yes it’s fun, it really is fun to fly at crazy speeds across the country, the modelling is really good now too to take great pictures of a Typhoon in flight wherever you want…just temper your expectations and I hope the developer continues to improve the implementation of this aircraft :+1:

2 Likes

Quick question… Does the autopilot work at supersonic speeds? Mine just goes haywire.

I’ve been experimenting with this cool work in progress for a few days. It sure is pretty. As everyone says, it is fun and (overly?) powerful and maneuverable if you manage to maintain reasonable subsonic speeds. It goes supersonic way too easily. It’s also hard to land. Brakes work for low speed taxi but not so much on landing. The developer has made a lot of improvements and documentation is perhaps not the highest priority. But I wish there could be a list of cockpit switches that work. Some seem to work at times but not at other times. If there are key commands, a list would be nice.

I have a tip and a couple of questions.

1. Tip - I had the Working Title GX mod installed and I noticed the moving map display was dim and autopilot was flaky. I removed the GX mod and map now display looks OK though I haven’t tested many functions and autopilot is still pretty flaky.
  2. Does anyone know if radar altimeter exists and if so, where displayed? HUD would be nice. There is a terrain display MFD mode that displays some colorful stuff that seems to correlate with ground features if you are very low in Mach Loop or something. I assume red is bad.
  3. I saw reverse thrust listed somewhere. Whether this exists on the real jet or not, does it work in this model, and how do you use it?
  4. Can anyone summarize what works in autopilot? Altitude hold seems OK. HDG? NAV mode (to follow waypoints)? Speed (it seemed to hold Mach 0.5 for a while in one test but I can’t reproduce that)? VS?
  5. Bonus question - Many buttons on the FMC keypad at the left function and it switches between some pages. Does it actually control anything?

Thanks!
Bruce