Experiencing several random CTD’s

I’ll start by saying just how many posts I’ve seen on this topic and the lack of attention it’s receiving from the team. After the latest “patch”, focussed on eliminating issues in the sim, hence the name, “Sim Update”, I have experienced several random CTD’s. Here I am creating a CTD post to get the attention of the dev team to respond to the community who are experiencing this on a daily basis. I was promptly replied to by the team when I last emailed them the issue, however, I of course don’t have the time to test all my mods out on multiple flights to find the culprit. I’ll leave a list below just in case. What annoyed me today was that I tried yet another “solution” that appeared to work for many users, but not for me unfortunately. Rollback Nvidia Drivers Today’s flight was EGLL-LGAV, which stopped after a good 1 hour. I am at a complete dead end and like many others feel abandoned with a sim that is now useless. I have exhausted almost every option and would love to be able to enjoy the sim once again. As a community, we should not have to search for the problems ourselves but should be able to simply play the simulator as I’m not a dev. I guess I’m going to have to leave the simulator for a while as I wait for a response/solution to a game-breaking bug.

My mods:
-FSUIPC7
-SimToolkitPro
-PACX
-A32NX (Dev Version)
Liveries: (all from flightsim.to)
A320:
-American Airlines
-British Airways
-Alaska Airlines
-Easyjet
-Vueling
787:
-British Airways
-Emirates
-Norwegian

Many Thanks and Happy New Year in advance! :fireworks:

Undiagnosed CTD are a really annoying problem.

One other question to ask… are you also using LittleNavMap while you fly? If so try disabling “Fetch AI or multiplayer aircraft” and “Fetch AI or multiplayer ships” under Tools> Flight Simulator Connection.

Another thing to try is to delete rolling cache from the ingame data menu.

I hope you track down what is causing your issue.

2 Likes

thanks for the response mate. I don’t have LittleNavMap. However, I did delete rolling cache which did nothing unfortunately.

It’s shocking and frightening to hear the variety of ways people are solving (and thus MSFS is creating) CTD issues. It’s frightening because I don’t have time to spend a day or two trouble shooting after every update, which means any update now could be the end of the road for me.

Perhaps Asobo needs to look at more elegant error handling?

4 Likes

Exactly. It is disgusting that we are having to solve our own issues too. They should beta test patches.

Have you tested without any mods and/or addons?
It’s pretty easy to blame Asobo, when it could easily be one of your mods/addons causing the issue.

2 Likes

If you haven’t done so already, please disable all of your mods and try the same flight again to see if you continue to have unhandled exceptions. If you don’t, then it is the fault of one of your mods otherwise it is an issue on Asobos end.

If the latter is true, please check your event viewer and see if any errors are being logged. Having these crash logs helps in resolving issues. If the issue doesn’t persist after removing mods, I would try adding the non-liveries back to see what happens.

The easiest way for you to temporarily disable your mods is to change the name of the community folder.

1 Like

Will try today.

The CTD’s are random though so it’s very difficult to test.

As suggested, I think you need to fly for some time without any mods installed as suggested. Only that will tell you what is going on. If the CTDs are frequent enough for you to raise this post, then you’ll know soon enough whether the mods are a problem or not

1 Like

yep I will test for some time and then report back. Hope the thread doesn’t get closed.

1 Like

remove the liveries in your community folder. they create your issues with the current update.
maybe the livery creator has already a new version for this msfs version but as for now 90% of liveries create this issue with the current version

1 Like

Hi @forzakingfam,
I’ve modified your topic title to more reflect your topic.

As others have pointed out, if you have any mods, add-ons or 3rd party, remove them and see if the CTD’s continue. In this section of the forum, we only want topics related to MSFS default content only. If CTD’s still occur after removing them, report those.

2 Likes

yep no problem. I will do so.

1 Like

In the future, these 3rd Party Devs (official ones), they will be given a pre-release of an upcoming patch to test with before it goes to the public. This will help them find any issues to address prior to going live - which I think is a good idea. :wink:

1 Like

that sounds great. I’m optimistic for the future of the flight sim. :grin:

2 Likes

just viewed a crash report of mine: anybody know what the following means?

Problem Event Name: MoAppCrash
Package Full Name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Application Name: praid:App
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 5fda32ba
Fault Module Name: FlightSimulator.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 5fda32ba
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000000043ca7a
OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: e20a
Additional Information 2: e20a5f05411ea23e20be77287ac1d99b
Additional Information 3: 6de5
Additional Information 4: 6de5c9fc6d0bc7f858987f55973044b7

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 82ebabbd0118f4de471fca91fe0d61a6 (1666273115531731366)

Many Thanks.

That’s the code you want to search on. And that error code is very generic - it can be anything. It’s also the hardest to troubleshoot.

Search results for ‘c0000005’ - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Yh-not ideal. Tomorrow I’m going to test the sim a bit more by removing the liveries and gate-gourmet catering truck texture but I’ll keep the a32nx in the community folder as I doubt that is the problem. If I still have a CTD after that then I’ll remove the A32NX

Solution (so far/for now): turned off live traffic. Thanks everyone for your help. Currently doing a 3hr flight from EGLL-LGAV. No problems so far.

4 Likes