Expert Series I: ATR 42-600 / 72-600

You need to use the default weight & balance.

If I remember correctly, the CJ4 mod by WT had to revert to the default way once WT was incorporated by MS (seems to be a rule for MS/Asobo planes to do the loading via game UI)

2 Likes

It is, unfortunatelyā€¦

Well, this plane is never getting used by me then. Itā€™s quite possibly the worst implementation of trying to load passengers Iā€™ve ever seen.

1 Like

yeah, i really ddont like that part either. But well, what can we doā€¦

Iā€™m really not understanding all the salt.

Iā€™m on my second flight with the ATR and Iā€™m finding more and more elements of it to love.

If they fix some of these issues, it will be really quite good.

16 Likes

Because we were promised one thing, and we got another. It doesnā€™t even contain the promised freighter variant.

11 Likes

Perhaps that will be explained and/or rectified.

2 Likes

Is the TCA throttle better than the Bravo for this aicraft because it has physical detentes for idle/notch/ramp wheras Bravo doesnt have intermediate detentes?

Did you resolve the left-bank issue? I plan on having a good look later, see if itā€™s something Iā€™ve missedā€¦

While itā€™s a problem Iā€™m kinda stuck using the Xbox gamepad as, surprisingly, itā€™s a real pain with the HOTAS.

1 Like

The ground map is supposed to show airport layout? But it doesnā€™t. What am I doing wrong. Taxiway etc

Add an AAO Axis:
-Variable : L:MSATR_PARK_EMER_BRK,Number
-Axis reversed
-Axis min : 0
-Axis max : 2
-Rounding : Int

And map it to your controller axis

1 Like

engine start abort doesnā€™t seem to work. after beginning the start process, I moved the knob back to ā€œSTART ABORTā€, however as you can see the engine continues to try and start and I hear the igniter clicking. this happen to anyone else?

Wow, 2 days and 1300 posts later and the pitch forks are still out, good times!

I get being frustrated by a product that many expected to be different, but man, maybe take a deep breath, step away from the computer/console for a day or so and then come back to it. ymmvā€¦

16 Likes

Yeah I got it yesterday too, though I noticed it before I took off and was able to get the prop spinning again (think I toggled prop brake on and off a few times, canā€™t quite remember now!)

Very true. I am not sure what all the fuss is about. I am having no issues with the plane as Itā€™s following LNAV just fine but I mostly use IAS or VS because I like to have a little more control.
If anyone is having issues with nav/ap or the hardware not working as it should I highly suggest watching the Microsoft Tutorials, Jonathan Becket and SimFlightHangar on YT. I just watched them after getting into a cruise and so far I really like this plane. A lot.

I think a large portion of ā€œhateā€ towards this plane is user-error or failure to negotiate the flight computer etc.

11 Likes

A really big thanks for all that.
I hope Asobo read your post and correct, at least the performance and flight model first.
The roll is kinda ok, but the pitch is too sensible and I think the trim is to much for each click, difficult to stabilize.
Also noted the nose up after touch down, I had to foward the control column to put it down.
ItĀ“s a promising aircraft.
Maybe some one can make corrections in the flight model first, as seen in many others aircraft.

The Milviz project have been canceled a while ago.
They said they would wait for the Asobo one and deiceid if they will restart or abandon the project.
We need a decent ATR. My fav on the sims since the old Flight 1 version.

1 Like

anyone boiling their passengers alive? itā€™s 111c on the ground

3 Likes

I fount the sounds very week too.
I love to see the starting engines sound at videos and itĀ“s much more brutal.
Defnitly a much louder plane in cockpit. IĀ“ve been into a ATR 42 cockpit during flight and was shocked how loud it was inside there.

Now I know how to use it, following the tutorial videos that Microsoft released, Iā€™m enjoying flying the ATR now. Looking forward to the bug fixes though! :slight_smile:

Although not a particularly big deal, I somewhat agree about the pitch. And itā€™s even more sensitive with a gamepad (which Iā€™m having to use until I can resolve the left-bank/steer issue)!

1 Like