Expert Series I: ATR 42-600 / 72-600

An ATR without the unique sound of an ATR is no ATR. So a no-go for me.

7 Likes

It does, just go to the centre console to the right of the pilot seat that says ‘MFD’ and hit ‘MAP’ while at an airport. There may be a display hotspot too, but I’m not sure yet which one does that specifically. The hot spots on the display are all shortcuts for the MFD panel in the centre console though. The buttons there change the PDF and MFD content just as well.
You may also have to play around with the MFD view toggle with the knob to the left of the captains PFD that says ‘DISPLAY’ to cycle through the display modes too.

2 Likes

I´m having that too. I have to set the compensate button into the center panel. But probably a bug.

The ATR looks and sounds gorgeous.

BUT…

It is unacceptable (from an accessibility perspective) that not a single key shortcut for the AP, particularly the Heading Bug Increase and Decrease, works with this plane.

Although I appreciate that in planes with custom APs, some custom modes like VNAV may not work with standard MSFS shortcuts, this is the first aircraft I have bought in 20 years of simming, where the key shortcuts for the Heading Bug are not functional .

People with both visual and movement disorders can often not manage to manipulate tiny clickspots, to turn a tiny heading knob. Static keys on a keyboard are the perfect way of addressing this, and to reiterate, I have never, ever come across a single addon aircraft where the Heading Bug function has not been binded the the standard key shortcuts.

This is so disappointing and - an otherwise wonderful addon, that represented such fantastic value - is actually now wasted money, and for me unusable.

Please fix this!!!

12 Likes

Yep, same here, no buttons that i’ve preset work in the ATR, but all work in other airplanes. Is that why i bought buttonboxes? :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the last tip bud… been wondering why im always 400ft under until this very moment :rofl::rofl: pushed B and hey presto… went to alt I had set it at…

1 Like

Anyone got the ILS GS and LOC diamonds to appear on PFD?

Does it come automatically or is there a button like the LS one on the A320?

I was tuned for the ILS05R at Auckland with APP armed but no diamonds displaying at 12 DME.

I did, but I had to manually input the frequency and activate APP once in the glideslope

As this is not the first airplane that this happens:

What are the devs plans to make sure it cannot happen anymore in the (far) future?

1 Like

Some ATR VNAV in action out of EIDW into EGLL tonight. For the most part it works. Not quite like the PMDG737, but it’s functional. For descent you need to watch you don’t over speed. But it does follow altitude constraints although maybe not as precisely as I’m used to on the 737.

Climbing out of EIDW with VNAV(IAS) holding airspeed at 170kts and adhering to ALT restrictions

Just because it was nice :grinning:

Arriving on NUGR1H star for ILS 9L using VNAV(PATH)

On approach to R9L VNAV PATH (circled purple double line) holding(mostly) alt constraints on way down using VNAV(PATH)

About to turn onto final using VNAV(PATH)

Switched to HDG mode on final and turned NAV source to ILS1 and then APP mode to intercept LOC/GS for ILS9L

5 Likes

It has roll spoilers only, which are used to help roll the airplane along with the ailerons, and they are deployed when moving the controls left or right.

No spoilers or speedbrakes like you would find on a 737 or A320 though.

2 Likes

Did you set NAV to V/ILS1? The diamonds should show up as blue outline diamonds.

If you are in V/ILS1 mode for NAV1 then it could be the bug that is reported. If you go straight to APP from LNAV/VNAV then APP may not work. I switched to HDG mode on final then go to APP mode. Works fine.

2 Likes

I would really like to know what happened to the freighter, as that was the main attractive for me.

If somehow they would let us know if it’s coming later or what.

4 Likes

Hello
I have a question regarding the “Condition/Fuel-Levers”:
I am using them via mouse. But I am struggling to make them reliably “go up” or “down”. There is this arrow up/down showing and when I click - the lever either goes up or down - there seems to be no system?? How do I click (where exactly) if I want the levers to go up and where to click for down?
Sorry for this stupid question but I am really wondering…

The landing gear seems to be the spoilers on this aircraft. I haaen’t tried opening doors on approach for more drag yet though.:rofl: It can be a challenge to lose speed on this version, just start early!

5 Likes

Sroll up and down on this

I was finding similar, but find that the mouse scroll wheel works best for me to change this otherwise they go too far with a mouse click.

1 Like

Yes I did. In fact flew with VORs the whole flight.

Did the blue diamonds come automatically?

I did the same as you HDG to intercept the localiser.

Had CTD when I looked down at power levers though :tired_face:

Mouse-wheel! Holy motherland - thanks! Why did I not think of it myself lol…

4 Likes

There is a bug for APP mode right now if in LNVA/VNAV, It may not pick up ILS. Not sure about VOR nav, you would think that would be fine.
I use HDG mode on final then switch to APP to pick up ILS which generally works when ILS is tuned in to NAV1 and NAV source is set to V/ILS.