Exploring the world in the Beechcraft Bonanza

Leg 26 Sevastopol to Odesa, Ukraine

DAY9_17.PLN (4.4 KB)

Shorter flight today due to the update which made things ‘interesting’ for a bit

9-17 Khersones Air Base UKSV 7:40 AM
9-17 Balaklava UKBF 8:08 AM Game somehow changed to slow motion
9-17 Belbek UKFB 8:21 AM Simulation rate keeps changing
9-17 Kacha Air Base UKKA 8:25 AM Fixed, R sets sim rate and used for drone
9-17 Saki Air Base UKFI 8:34 AM
9-17 Yevpatoriya UKFV 8:42 AM
9-17 Rozdol’ne UKRL 9:22 AM 1:42

9-17 Rozdol’ne UKRL 10:22 AM
9-17 Krasnoperekops’k UKMF 10:34 AM
9-17 Armyans’k UKAF 10:50 AM
9-17 Skadovsk UKSK 11:14 AM
9-17 Kherson Intl UKOH 11:32 AM
9-17 Odesa UKOO 12:13 PM

Flight time 3:33 11 stops

As you can see from my notes, a very confusing start. Since the game now puts the HUD back instantly when switching from cockpit to external, I switched to using the drone for HUD free screenshots. However after using that my plane started behaving really weird. I kept losing control of the climb rate which I use the so called plus and minus for, mapped to my flight stick. After selecting it back to control VS mode, my plane did not seem to want to co-operate anymore.

Auto pilot didn’t really want to turn or climb anymore, just very slowly change direction. I thought it was a bug with max bank angle and maybe the fpm were somehow a factor 10 off after the update. However even without AP the plane felt very sluggish, as if the sensitivity of my flight stick had been dialed way down. I was about to exit and restart the game when I noticed it was also taking a lot longer to move forward, much slower than my airspeed was suggesting.

I finally checked sim rate settings, R sets plus and minus to control the sim rate. R also moves the drone view up. Ugh. I set the sim rate back to what looked like normal speed (there is no reset?) and continued. Then somehow I managed to set it to double speed and ended up landing at a near stall while it looked like I was coming in way too fast. I unmapped the sim rate button, then everything went fine again.

First shot of Sevastopol, HUD didn’t clear

Little inlet at the South side of Sevastopol

Crawling along the cliffs in slow motion :confused:

Forgot the hud comes back instantly again, Sevastopol

Drone view of Sevatopol

Real life view of the coast

Heading North along the coast, Chemors’ke

Mizhavodne FS2020 drone view

Mizhavodne real life drone view

The landcape near Krasnoperekops’k, lot of farmland

Shadovsk, not the best place for a short runway

And the sun is going down already on the way to Odesa

Odesa does have lighted runways, easy landing, parked there to check out the city by day time.