Extra 330LT in SU6: new bugs

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
PC

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
MS Store

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
While the roll and take off behaviour have been improved, and the engine no longer seems to stall, there are new bugs:

• the brake pedals and parking brake are no longer animated
  • it’s no longer possible to zero the G-meter
  • I believe the propeller should spin the other way round; look at it from outside the plane… … …

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
Video just uploaded; will be in 1440p later…

NB: All Assistance Options set to HARD.

NB: the rudder pedals, not shown in video, do work.

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Just use the brake pedals and parking brake, and try to zero the G-meter, in the Extra.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:
i7 5960X
GTX 3090 ASUS Tuf Gaming OC
Two SSDs: c: for OS; D: for FS

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Hi @RenovadoSine73

It seems (in my case) that after the many posts submitted to the Forum about the systematic engine stalls of the Extra 330, now, after downloading the latest update yesterday, THE ENGINE NO LONGER STOPS. It does not stop the engine, but I continue with one of the several problems I was having. It is this:

With the aircraft on the runway or in the air, I start accelerating with normal rpm (2,700 full power); about half a minute later, and in full flight, there is a reduction in the engine sound, with the consequent reduction of power, it remains at approximately 60%, the sound is also reduced, the curious thing (again) is that the percentage of power in % indicated on the engine icon, continues to indicate 100%. However, now it indicates=1.500 r.p.m. which I suppose coincides with the 60% of available power that I mentioned.

Did the engine stall in your aircraft as well. Was it the SU6 discharge that solved the engine stalls for us. If so, it was a programming problem, something I have always maintained. did it stall on you too. I was so outraged for several months with this problem, that I have not investigated the ones you report (and which still exist).

You, who I note that you know the details of this plane (in the Sim), could you give me some advice to correct this current power decrease in my “toy 330”?

NOTE: I always fly in “ready to fly” mode.

I look forward to your advice and the advice of anyone who can help me.
Kind regards: Delfin

As my game tag is RevampedSine732, I am not sure you asked me. I assume you asked me, as there are only 2 posts so far: mine then yours.

I had the engine stall since SU 5, but now from SU 6, it seems the engine no longer stalls.
Yes it must have been a typo or incorrect value that caused the engine stalling.

I have NOY yet had the engine slowing down to ~ 1500 RPM max. Try to delete all Extra planes , then redownload them. Maybe something got corrupted in your system.

Yes these bugs are frustrating, especially the 2 new ones, as the brakes pedals and zeroing of the G-meter were working perfectly just before SU 6.
It is obvious they did not test the Extra properly, as it took me 10 seconds to spot these 2 new bugs.
If they had, they would have seen this!

Hi @RevampedSine73

Thanks for your reply.

RenovampedSine732 . Well, I didn’t ask you, nor could I do it. You are listed on the forum (at least without doing any research) as “RenovadoSine73”, so it is to this member that I am addressing.

I have temporarily removed all reference to addons in the “Community” folder, and the low rpm failure of the Extra engine persists. The strange thing is that, systematically at startup, full throttle occurs, then sometimes, it takes half a minute to reduce rpm, but sometimes (it just happened to me now doing the acrobatic filigree you did on the Shanghai tower) it took about 10 minutes to drop in power. This is too weird, if nothing has changed in that time interval, why this weird engine behavior?

By the way: when you ascend vertically next to the tower, the tower is in front of you, but when you decelerate (at the highest point) and start the fall, you progressively turn the view (the camera) to see the bottom of the scene. This progressive turning of the camera, I suppose that you do it with the cursor keys of the keyboard. Is it like that?

If it is as I think, you had to make a configuration to see from any angle, height and distance the object you want to see (record). I don’t know how to do that, I am new to this forum and I want to learn, especially with this aircraft which is my favorite and by far above any other.

Could you explain to me the sequence of concepts that I must click and their sequence, if possible with some images that illustrate the sequence. It is one of the first things I wish to do for this visual mastery of acrobatic filigree with monuments, etc. This is a special favor that I ask you; I know that it can be something slow and cumbersome for you, but you know it well and when a thing is well known, applying the correct pedagogy, it produces very good results, besides it does not have to be very laborious when something is mastered, and you do it with great efficiency and beauty.

I look forward to your advice and your help, to better master this world.

Do you live in Gibraltar? Good demonstration and flight also in that latitude, bordering my country.

This is weird engine bug.

For your camera question, I just use TrackIR as head tracking. I move the head a little, and the TrackIR software amplifies the moves by the head in the sim, so that I can still see the monitor! That’s it! No complex camera business. For example, I turn the head left 15 degrees, and in the sim, it turns 90 degrees.

I can fly where I want to go without having to look where I am going for ~ 10 seconds, in moves.
I love doing this.

I live in London, UK, but I am from Switzerland.

1 Like

Do you fly higher and higher, and lean the mixture?
If you don’t lean when flying high, you don’t have the optimum mixture, and the engine can loose a lot of power.

Hi @RevampedSine732
Thanks for the information of the Trackir, I already knew it, but I want to do that manibra from the keyboard because I want to buy the VR glasses before and I don’t know how it will work with the mentioned glasses.

In Madrid you have a tower similar to the one in Shanghai (it looks like a replica), with a window at the top, but more difficult to pass it than the one in Shan… From LEMD (Barajas) you can see it in the center of the city. It is also a city with a magnificent photogrammetry.

No I don’t fly high with the 330, (always below 4000 feet), and I find it hard to believe that the altitude or inclination of the plane, influence the fuel mixture. This has never happened before.

Anyway, I will continue to fight until this engine stops bothering me and allows me to do what I like the most.
A detail: your name in the Forum tags, it changes again and again to … RenewedSine732.
Thanks again. Regards: Delfin

Altitude affects mixture/performance (way too much in MSFS), but that’s the case since day one of the sim.
That’s nothing new.
Attitude doesn’t affect mixture/performance.

2 Likes

Hi @PZL104

Let’s see:

You are probably right as a principle on this Sim, but: this happens to me when taking off and flying below 1,000 feet over cities. I tend to fly very low, except for looping, spins, etc. After takeoff from the runway, flying low (very low) at half a minute, 2 or 3 minutes (it is always variable how long it takes to power down. It doesn’t matter if it flies skimming buildings or looping at 3000 feet. Never under any circumstances has the engine ever stopped decreasing at 1500/1600 rpm. And there is no way for it to increase power. Well, there is a way: starting a new flight, both with the airplane on the runway and at 3000 feet. By the way: according to you (and the philisophy of this Sim.) from what altitude does it have influence on the mixture/performance in this Sim. Is that information known?

That the attitude of the airplane in flight does not influence its mixture/performance?. On that I completely agree, especially in an aerobatic, it would be a contradiction to aerobatics, since attitude is a constantly variable condition in this type of flight.

Since you have been kind enough to point me to this flight condition, answer me this (which has nothing to do with my current problem): which key to press in this Sim. to make it silent (remove sound temporarily)?. In FXS, it was the “Q” key. What is it here in MSFS?

Just tested. No power loss when doing aerobatics at low altitude.
Sorry, forgot to test the mute function. I have no idea what the default key is.

In MSFS leaning is alreay effective at 1000-2000ft.

I have no idea what is the mute key, if there is one.

I did a test: see video below. No engine loosing power, any altitude.

Not only for Extra but also for Pitts.

1 Like

Hi @RevampedSine732

I was watching the video of your brilliant participation in the Reno race with the L-39 Albatros aircraft.

Tell me: is that L-39 aircraft available for MSFS?

Thanks in advance.

Regards : Delfin

As far as I know it is for the Reno Air Race, which is not free, and it seems you can buy a simplified Reno air race, and the full thing for $ 60. For me it will be in £.
I can’t find the video that mentioned the 2 options for Reno air race.
I hope when we buy the RAR, then the L-39 is also fully available in FS.

1 Like

This is the video of Reno Air Race
video

1 Like

Ah this is my video!
There was a video from I can’t remember who (!), who said there are 2options to buy Reno Air Race…
As I am a bit crazy, I will get the full one, so I can see.
I got the JF Hawk a few days ago: brilliant!
Not enough time to fly them all!

Hi @RevampedSine723
You’re right, so many planes and in the end we fly at most half a dozen. I (who like you), love aerobatics, the Extra 330 takes 70% of my time. In the end I’m going to have to buy the Track ir, otherwise, you can’t track when you pass next to tall buildings, nor when you descend nor when you climb almost vertically, etc.etc.

I see that after the comment that in Madrid there were some towers similar to those of Shanghai, (one of them almost identical), you have also made another exercise of your mastery of that plane crossing the “upper window” of one of the towers.

You may have also noticed that Madrid has one of the best photogrammetries I have seen in this Sim. It is frankly good. I wish the photogrammetry of my city (Santiago de Compostela) was as good, which is horrible, they have not even represented the famous cathedrals; instead, the space is completely empty. The algorithm in this case, has worked frankly bad.

Without further ado, until next time

1 Like

Hi @RevampedSine723

You say you got the JF Hawk T1/A. Where did you get it). Free or paid.

Today, after communication with you, I took a look at “Flightsim.to” . and there it was third party and free download.

I was surprised that the file size after unzipping, is only 90.1 MB.

I copied it to the Community folder, but it doesn’t work, nor does the rest of the aircraft appear in the grid.

You say it works great. Please tell me what is the size of the file after unzipping.

Regards: Delfin

Gosh, I just see your posts now. Was busy communicating with 2 real pilots, one in the UK former Hawk pilot, one in Russia.
You may like this one: Locher, such a small valley, that made me improve:

link to Locher:

Yes, I enjoyed Madrid. Absolutely beautiful. Olé!

As for TrackIR, apparently on Amazon there are copies from China, and some fail after a short time. Not sure where to buy now.
Try the TrackIR website: TrackIR
I have had the same TrackIR 5 since ~ 2009 !

As for the Hawk, I got it here:

On that very page, there are tutorial videos. And the manual to download. Install is so easy!

As for your Hawk from flightsim.to, make sure you don’t have the actual folder inside another folder, once in Community… Otherwise I don’t know…

But £ 33 for the Just Flight Hawk is in my view honestly priced. I live in London UK, and until 2019, I went to the Flight Sim Show at a RAF museum in Cosford, and met some of the JF developers: they are true passionate who know they don’t make much money out of their addons. Truly talented, hard-working guys. I don’t work for them; I am a paying customer.

The JF Hawk folder in com munity, after install (there is an installer and to uninstall you MUST use Program, uninstall) is 2 GB:

Video, from where I used to live:

I think I answered everything. I am literally communicating with 5 people at the same time today…

1 Like

Hi @RevampedSine723

Apologies for not replying to you sooner, I couldn’t.

You’ve certainly done a broad and deep posting this time; I’ve been pleasantly surprised, thank you very much.

Due to lack of time, I have not yet downloaded the Hawk T1/A, and from what little I have seen (so far) in the videos accompanying this post of yours, it looks like a good aircraft, albeit a bit old given the times we live in. I guess it’s a “jewel of the past”, although in the past magnificent aircraft have been built, I hope this is one of them. When I try it I will give you my opinion.

Thanks also for the Locher Sarentino Airfield, I will also download it. The flight in that valley, did you personally do it. It is really well executed.

You have had trackir 5 since 2009 with no glitches in all that time.

Of course you have answered everything I have asked you and more. Much more than I would have asked; you have made an effort and, as I said, you have sent a lot of information, graphical and textual.

I will continue to respond to your extensive post.

Once again, many, many thanks.

1 Like