F-15 coming - what R Ur thoughts?

What do you think about that?

I wonder , why supersonic flight is not available (> mach 1) and I was quite surprised to see how such a fast military jet is shaken back and forth in gusts of wind … an issue that was addressed with smaller aircraft and should not play a role in a/c like these…

2 Likes

Saw that earlier, Ant said it was an early build and he is going to review it later on. The lack of > Mach 1 speeds could have several reasons, like MSFS not supporting it or maybe it’s just that no engines have been modeled by the 3’rd party vendor etc… we just don’t know.

It is a serious thing that needs to be fixed at release or closely thereafter, if i buy a fighter, i want to kick in the afterburners and go.

I’m going for the Hornet though if it shows up, i fly it in DCS and Areofly FS2 and it’s my go-to toy of the skies.

For military planes only DCS:)
What about weapon usage in MSFS2020??? Doubtful…

2 Likes

Why is the F22 in MS FS flying way over Mach 1, when it should not be possible?

because it still uses the legacy flight model IIRC.

Milviz said in a recent video that MSFS has set a limit on the speed to be under Mach 1 which affects a lot of their products.

I doubt the terrain streaming can keep up with a supersonic speed.

I’ll definitely be getting this regardless of any early irritations.

1 Like

A lot changes - aerodynamically speaking - in the transonic and supersonic regions, so if the sim isn’t set up to make those calculations yet, that could also be why Mach 1+ (or Mach 0.95+, if transonic is also impacted) is not yet possible.

Hopefully it’s just a temporary issue.

There was a post a couple of months ago where a couple people said we dont get supersonic flight untill I think it was 2022…About the same time we get rotorcraft if I remember correctly.

I’m currently flying the Typhoon from IAZ and can achieve 1300kts in game (which seems weird regarding the mach 0,95 limitation…) I encounter no troubles with terrain streaming until now, only few stutters while leaving clouds to a clear space

Are you using modern flight model?

Who are these people? If they are not from asobo its just rumours.

Two big no go. Terrain streaming can’t keep up with the high speed (saw it even with the 339), and the fm limit to mach 1. Using only DCS for these beasts, not MSFS neither XP.

1 Like

I really don‘t like warplanes in a civil sim. They cannot be simulated in detail and nothing beats DCS when it comes to fighters.

1 Like

Don’t buy it then and it’ll have no impact whatsoever on how you use the Sim, quite simple really… I and many others can’t wait for this to be unleashed next week

The topic asks for personal thoughts. These are mine and I don’t want to offend anyone.

1 Like

Ok, that’s fair enough :+1:

I’m frankly amazed at what passes for commercial content. The quality of the 3D model and textures - both external and cockpit - are absolutely dreadful.

Compared to the craft which goes into free mods for the likes Assetto Corsa, the offerings for FS look like cynical cash grabs.

2 Likes

Personally I don’t see any reason to buy an F-15 in MSFS. MSFS is a civilian sim. For military flying it’s DCS World exclusively for me.

4 Likes

It was a couple of months ago, sorry dont remember who ‘These People’ were. Just stating that part of a conversation going on was that ASOBO wasnt going to be able to make Supersonic Flight Available until 2022. It was on these boards if you wish to hunt for them.