F-15 Eagle coming soon to MSFS

According to the net, yes, as MSFS doesn’t support supersonic flight yet. However they have apparently modelled the shock wave effect on the plane up to Mach 1. Guess it must come with a speed limiter fitted :slight_smile:

Launch day is Wednesday 20th or Thursday 21st January

2 Likes

It’s out! On justflight:

1 Like

Does that mean it is not going to be available through the MSFS 2020 Marketplace?

Beware. Its not what’s been hyped.

2 Likes

It’s coming to the marketplace, the developer has told me.

I’ve been flying it – it’s fun, but it’s not worth a $40 aircraft, so buyer beware.

You know its not finished yet so no need to stare people into not buying it! I would suggest people look at reviews before purchasing it.
Again its a wip and its first day.I am sure its going to be better in coming updates.

It’s a lot of fun.

Aye, it’s limited, but much of that’s down to the tools made available to the developer. I expect it to get better alongside the developer kit.

2 Likes

At the end of the day, even if the the F-15C DCS module is for newbies, it will be better than any F-15 in MSFS

I can have my own opinions. Thank you.

For $40 I would expect it to work and I’ve had multiple issues with throttles not working, textures are blurry and it needs a lot of work. My opinion.

3 Likes

Pretty much that too but the Flight Sim community is often impatient and expects things to be done in an instant.I bought it with the expectations of it not being complete.

Why would you compare a sim designed for combat with this? Give me a break. This platform was design mainly for entertainment and the dev clearly stated it was not going to be study level.
Wasn’t the point of the product in the first place so I feel the need to compare? Smells like a DCS troll to me.

1 Like

people are going to have their preferences…and are free to express their opinions.

edited: there is a video review below that shows some of the criticism is justified

I agree if it was $20 i’d be ok, but for $40 and the state that it’s in complete rip off. I was super disappointed the moment the game loaded up and the sounds don’t sync up when change views (interior to exterior)

2 Likes

Right?? The sounds not syncing is ridiculous.

1 Like

review posted by Overkill - there are definitely some issues here

Microsoft Flight Simulator | DC Designs F-15 | Heartbroken - YouTube

Think I may wait for a while for improvements. Thanks for posting the review video.

1 Like

you might try the developer’s own website - or THIS forum linked below
The poster DC1973 is the author.
NOTE : PLEASE READ WHAT HE HAS POSTED ABOUT THE CURRENT STATE OF THE F-15 before posting questions there

The Eagle is out - DC Designs F-15 C, D, E & I Eagle (sim-outhouse.com)

2 Likes

I have so far purchased every AC available for this sim. That is now over. I am gonna wait for this one to be updated before I bite. Too much substandard work released lately. Virtualcol did me in.

I know DC Designs has a better rep, so they will take care of some of this, but I am gonna wait. Not getting this work in progress for $40. That’s too much to ask for when your work is far from finished.

2 Likes