F-15 Eagle coming soon to MSFS

Something like that would be awesome, too

The sound it’s absolutely amazing

1 Like

Apparently this is coming now in November!

F-16C Viper :slight_smile:

Hello im Here ehehe

On another thread, it was mentioned 3rd party developers are waiting for the SDK to work better, and every time a patch comes out (like twice a month) there plane releases have to be updated. For a one/two person shop, having to rework the planes twice a month, is expensive, and many are waiting until this SIM gets better and less buggy. I would love the F-14, TA-4J, F-4, C-17GIII, C-5; C-130J, 707, DC-8, and I know there are more. When in Navy, F-4 landing, blew tire, at Cubi Point, Philippines, as carrier group coming into base, plane behind him, tucked everything away, hit afterburner and went straight up, until out of sight, that was in 1973, that plane was impressive.

1 Like

Good luck with that… I notice no cockpit pictures. I’ll stick with DCS…

Lets all be honest here, if you want to fly combat aircraft, just play DCS.

Aside from speed (good luck with autogen and photogrammetry loading in time, BTW), what would be the point of flying an F-15 in MSFS if you can’t lock on to anything and deploy munitions?

Yay, a military aircraft in a civilian simulator. Compared to the MSFS-F15 the DCS F-15C will be study level. Above all, the MSFS is well known for the possible military procedures. :rofl:

My God, DCS-World is free. The F-15C is on sale ($7.49). There is no easier way to get a usable F-15C. And it is by far more complex than this MSFS nonsense.

When I want to fly and simulate military jets, I fly DCS and sit in my F-14 and practice approaches to the Supercarrier, or I sit in the F-16, FA-18, A-10C or any other aircraft in my library. I don’t care about the landscape because then other things are more important. Military aircraft in a civilian simulator are nothing half and nothing whole. Just like civil aircraft in a military simulator is nonsense and ridiculous (Christen Eagle II and Yak-52 in DCS)

1 Like

DCS imo is just like another game similar to these flight sims that.You get to go around shooting up and blowing up virtual objects playing Maverick .Some of us was never astonished by the hype of what DCS offered.
That being said I am happy to see an f-15 coming to this sim so I can play Maverick and fly over my house.
Why the comparison between this and DCS?

Maverick flies the F-14 Tomcat and now also the F/A-18, not the F-15. :wink:

Wasn’t the point of my post.My point has nothing to about the f14 don’t care .Hey go fly a real jet and we will continue to have a conversion if you think DCS has anything on real jets go right ahead and fly one! Have a good evening :wink:

You don’t need an F-15 for that. Sit in the Citation Longitude, fly over your house and sing “Highway to the danger zone”. It has the same effect. :+1:t2:

Why? Because everyone in MSFS screams for realism and then accepts with the F-15 something half-baked.

2 Likes

I think people would like to see the attention to detail and realizm that DCS offers for MSFS. The thing is that DCS spends years tweaking their finely detailed models AFTER they are released, and I think that’s too much to ask of anyone in this sim to spend years doing that.

Heck, here we are two years after DCS’ release of the F/A-18 and folks are still complaining about the flight model even though the development team consists of Hornet pilots and several F/A-18 drivers that have publically stated that the model is very good in most areas. EA is now actually continuing to improve the model even further with several updates to come! With this kind of nit-picking detail - where you’re arguing with the guys who actually fly them - Microsoft simply isn’t in the business of making sure the flight models are of military specs.

I flew P3D up to v4.5, and there wasn’t anybody that took that kind of time with any military aircraft, especially in the accuracy of the flight model. Moreover, there weren’t updates coming at you that even slightly resemble what DCS does.
If MSFS is able to give us decent models with clickable cockpits, a realistic feeling flying experience, and something that I can sit in and give me a proper military ride over the world, I’ll be IMPRESSED-and THRILLED.

1 Like

Any news about the F15 ??

+1

any news yet? i want my christmas present together with the VR patch. :slight_smile:

Mid January was mentioned in the latest Dev update

As much as I want this along with Concorde etc. There’s just no point until the sim allows things like speeds higher then 0.9mach & way better particle effects for afterburners etc.

2 Likes

Not any more, it’s delayed until 2020. There are obviously some severe physics model limitations as this looks like its not going to be delivered anytime soon either.

I´m sure we are close to release. I already seen F15 Planes near Insbruck, can´t wait :smiley:

F15 :clap: F15 :clap: - can’t wait ! :hugs::hugs:

1 Like

will these be limited to sub-sonic flight?