F-16 by SC Design

Ok, surely it is a luminous texture that should be linked to the brightness knob of the HUD, but we have not associated it with this potentiometer so that it is regulated. I will add it to the fix list.

2 Likes

Yeah I have seen it, anyway is a good report, because actually doesn’t make sense that light on while isn’t projecting anything in the Hud

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, Cold and dark should be just that too. I’m going to test off beta see if the brightness is caused by the HDR issue. I am curious now,

EDIT. It is still pretty bad on SU9 I would say 10% better without the over exposure that SU10 Beta introduces. There is also a runway under there for reference.

1 Like

@DEAN01973 Thank you for the update!

The buttons don’t work anymore in the MFDs? E.g. instead of saying “engage selected attitude” or “speed Mach” it just says “button 1” and so on. Nothing happens when I click on them.

Also, hie do I get the Mil/ab full back in the top left of the HUD?

1 Like

hello, the screens buttons work but they are not longer dedicated to autopilot. They are multipurpose screens that allow you to move through different menus and functions. Autopilot controls can be activated from the switches or from the DED. Likewise, the state of the autopilot can be monitored from the DED. The HUD was replaced with a new one that is WIP to look like the real thing, it doesn’t have the FMAs included because it’s not a real f-16 feature but something will be done about it. There are menus like FUEL, ENG, or FPAS that allow you to view states of the engine, fuel system, and control surfaces.

1 Like

Ok then. Where do I access altitude hold, engage managed altitude mode, engage selected altitude mode, switch units to Mach, etc
all of that was accessible from the right MFD.

how do I access that?

1 Like

Sorry i think i have not explained it well enough: We have made a deep transition from the screens and hud based on airliners to multipurpose screens based on fighters, as well as the autopilot functions based on airliners that have also been eliminated
keeping only those that belong to the real thing. This has been done on all aircraft (F-15, F-14 and F-16). You have the switches corresponding to the autopilot on your left console and you can monitor the autopilot status through DED (if you press the menu button, you will see autopilot as an available option):

Autopilot functions have been simplified to Pitch hold, alt hold, hdg hold/ Trk hold (managed or selected), NAV VOR/GPS, APP (RNAV or ILS), Autothrottle and AWLS. The rest of the functions that have nothing to do with the real plane such as FLC, managed altitude, managed speed have been removed (although AWLS for automatic landing by ILS has been implemented instead). In DED for example you can set a desired altitude or alt hold directly, the same goes for autothrottle, you can hold current airspeed or set a desired airspeed (for now desired airspeed in mach is not suported).

As for the screens, if you have noticed they contain labels, such as MENU, MAP, HSI, etc. The menu button would let you select between the tactical menu and the support menu, and within them you have access to submenus like ADI, HUD, FLIR, IMAGE, HSI, FUEL, ENG, FPAS, etc. you just have to explore a little.

Here you have a video about AWLS (ILS landing with autothrottle managed). So you can check among other things how to displace through both DED and screens:

For now consider it a WIP, because what is planned is to resemble all the content to the real plane, so more things will be added.

3 Likes

Potential fix for the next update: the HUD projection base will be dimmable with the HUD brightness wheel too:

1 Like

Nice!!! Thanks. looking forward to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bit of a novice question.
After engine is operational is the AB control switch

to be left in the on position or the off position?
If its on the AB needs a button to activate and with it off it comes on with full throttle.
How is it in the real plane?

In the real plane is a 3-position switch, with 3 functions:

AB RESET: This position is used to attempt to clear DEEC faults.
NORM: Normal (deenergized) position.
ENG DATA: This position may be used to record engine data in the EDU (Engine diagnostic unit).

Those functions don’t really make sense in MSFS, so: the normal position allows the full throttle operation, while the reset position limits the throttle to Military thrust and reset the throttle position. This way you can fly without being afraid to activate AB.

4 Likes

Excellent! Thank you very much for that detailed explanation.

I’ll sit down with the bird and explore to my heart’s content. Will let you know if any questions come to mind.

Thanks for your dedication to keeping these birds as close to the real thing as possible. Also, loving the updated AB visual effect.

:+1::+1:

2 Likes

Just a quick question. With the current version of the F-16 I seem to be unable to “reach” the Battery switch. When I mouse over it, all MSFS catches is the throttle itself, as proven by switching tooltips on. I tried all kinds of camera angles, but I just can’t get to the switch. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

1 Like

You need to hide it, use the threat knob

1 Like

From CodenameJack

1 Like

Interactive Checklist, you need to follow it in order to find all the new switches.

3 Likes

Anyone else having an issue with the new afterburner effect not showing up? The effect has worked on two flights but I’ve had at least three where it’s not there. The first time it happened, I uninstalled and reinstalled but obviously that didn’t fix it.

It has been working for me.

Odd. I’m on Xbox and have basically zero add-ons. Hmm

Thanks Dean, must have missed the change. Will try again later.