F-16 by SC Design

I tried the ilsn and it was spot on target, unfortunately since SU 8 EGOV ILS has been off to the right as the pic should show. How ever i let it land completely hands off and as i have all damage options at realistic it set me down like a feather on the infield grass

Im hoping Asobo will sort this out with the unfortunately abbreviated SUX.
Il try with ilst later tonight.

1 Like

did you try that? EGOV RAF Valley custom built » Microsoft Flight Simulator

1 Like

I would love that add on but im on xbox so limited to marketplace only content.
Im really really hoping someone will produce one for marketplace, in an ideal world id love to get EGUL & EGUN

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is a SU10 beta issue or not but have the reflections on the inside the bubble canopy been greatly reduced? I’ve been flying the plane a lot in the last few days both on the screen and in VR and its gone back to looking like there’s no canopy there at all now. I remember they were increased in the first update after launch.

Might just be an issue for me though.

1 Like

Original reflections were way over the top, now they’re mostly controlled by your own graphics settings in-sim, as per the other jets.

2 Likes

Yup. That worked perfectly!

Last one and I’ll get out of your hair… I’m having an issue where “gps drives nav1” is on a hotkey, but when when I do this in the F16 the DED switches from GPS to VOR then kicks it back to GPS. Wondering if there’s another state or function I need to map?

It’s not a big deal since I fly lnav using GPS, then when I switch to approach mode it kicks over to VOR automatically, but I’m sure you have an answer for this too. Thanks!

1 Like

The key is whether there is a flight plan or not. If there is a flight plan but you are not going to follow it for whatever reason, tune to the VOR frequency or TACAN channel and activate TCN or NAV in the HSI so that GPS is deactivated. If you are going to do ILSN or ILST it is the same, you activate the function in the HSI to deactivate the gps. If there is no flight plan then yes you can change to VOR from the DED

1 Like

Thanks for the help again Jack

4 Likes

Hi, the external model of the F-16 looks great but just wondered if there are any plans to improve the modelling of the F-16’s cockpit ?

1 Like

Gradually, yes, once the Sim Updates stop rolling in so quickly and we can put more focus on improving products rather than just having to update them to match new changes.

4 Likes

6 Likes

I think the reflections generally look fine. The only reason I personally prefer more reflections rather than less is in VR because you get this real sense you’re enclosed in something and it really adds to the way the eye perceives a sense of depth, in all jets.

Watching a clip like this one F-16 Over the Shoulder Cockpit View - Airshow over South Beach Miami - Cockpit Audio - YouTube the bubble canopy is reasonably reflective once up in the air. Does depend a lot on the way light hits it of course.

I wonder what difference ray tracing will make to this sort of thing once they implement it?

1 Like

i need help? for some reason my afterburner just recently stopped kicking in on the sc designs F16 , i have no idea why? Can someone help me please, thanx.

Yeah, I fly in VR mostly so I know what you mean. I think I need to enhance the glass surfaces with some imperfections so that you can more easily “sense” the surface of the glass around you, that would probably help a lot.

@SavvyPlayer6802 I’ve heard a few reports of this, but it’s the stock Asobo effect so should work normally. No idea what’s causing it to fail.

1 Like

Look on your left side panel, swap the AB control to off and it will activate at full throttle.
If its in the on position you have to assign an AB button

1 Like

Very Odd, Now it’s working again, and looks really good at night.

1 Like

It’ll work during some flights but then not work again on other flights. I haven’t noticed any pattern yet for when it does/doesn’t. It’s strange. Being that’s it’s from the f/a-18, you’d think it’d work fine, unless it’s somehow implemented differently.

Thanks, I’ll report back if I see an obvious pattern. I do know it is affected by active pause but that’s an obvious one lol.

Thank u much Batterby76 ! I will try this for sure

1 Like

Hello Batterby76. Your advice worked for me whoowee no more frustrations for me lol. thanx so much .I turned off the AB button and now I have full power on my Viper with the Affterburner. Stationed at Nellis has become fun again.

3 Likes