F-16 by SC Design

@CodenameJack447 Can you please uncheck the “suitable for kids” setting in your tutorials? It makes it impossible to save them in a playlist with that setting turned on :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure! I will

1 Like

It maybe nothing (could just be coincidental) on xbox version the pc-21 had an update over the weekend.
After testing updated version which changed some camera angles and changed smoke effect i jumped in to the F16 and my preset views had changed to the same as the pc-21 and the smoke had stopped working.
I reset console, tried F16 again and all was back to normal. Then went out in pc21 again and back to F16 and lost views and smoke again.
Could other creator content be affecting the way your aircraft function?
F14/15 were not effected at all.

Im not making a complaint, just a curious observation. Its easily worked around :+1:

Let’s see, I know that if someone modifies shared files or base files that are used by the rest of the planes, of course it affects. that has happened to us with the screens, for example, affected by third party mods. as for the smoke effects, too, or the lighting effects. It usually happens if someone copies something from another plane, I don’t care if it’s stock or a third party, they modify it and don’t change its name, it affects the rest of the planes that use that something with the same name. From there draw your conclusions.

3 Likes

Thats great to hear. Looking forward to seeing how the F-16 progresses.
Many thanks.

At the moment i am not able to add cfts and external fuel tanks on xbox. What is going on?

Just restart the sim or go into a different flight. I once took off and switched to external cam realising there’s no pilot in the cockpit :sweat_smile:

Started another flight and my pilot was back :rofl:

Hi im on xbox aswell. To add fuel use the sliders once your loaded into the cockpit. Adding fuel in the hanger screen or flight plan doesn’t work at min (dont know why). Move your cursor to top of screen and select fuel icon and each tank is listed. You need to add a minium amount for the tanks to show on the aircraft i think its about 10%.

I hope this helps

1 Like

Anybody else using surround amp and speakers and notice annoying popping sounds in cockpit when you go full AB?

I know restarting the flight can fix the AB sometimes - I implied that by saying some flights it works and some it doesn’t. I’m not a big fan of loading screens so I’m not going to restart a flight every time the afterburner breaks. I only posted to make sure devs were aware of the issue.

Thank you very much.

1 Like

I was just joined briefly by a fellow F-16 pilot flying south out of Edinburgh before starting my display flight around Edinburgh castle.

7 Likes

Looks like the multiplayer F-16s are showing up well now, pilot and all :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m finding it hard to get used to the updated cockpit controls. How do I get the Mach number to show in the bottom left of the screen in chase cam? I’m on Xbox.

Anyone?

Dean?

@DEAN01973

I acknowledge that the developer updated the cockpit commands for a more immersive experience, which is great, especially for the few former F16 pilots or the people on XBox. It’s not as great for others, for example I can’t start the plane through my StreamDeck anymore. People have controllers to avoid clicking back and forth with the mouse or zooming in and out to see text and buttons on the minuscule DED…I found the earlier version more user-friendly.

Yes it was more user friendly for sure but not representative of the real thing.

Right now the only thing I fine annoying is not being a ke to set my units to mach!

You can still read the Mach number on the left side of the hud tho

1 Like

I do understand but the majority do prefer things to be realistic and as such, we cannot cater to every controller and MSFS stock variable while still improving the product. My F-14 was endlessly mocked by some users of a certain other much-over-rated simulator for not being realistic enough. As the realism increased on the F-14s and continues to do so, some MSFS users point out that it’s becoming harder to handle. I can’t win :slight_smile:

The start-up procedure for all my jets is not at all complex though, it’s not so difficult and rarely requires more than 5-6 switch movements to get things going ( with the obvious exception of Concorde ).

4 Likes

Some folk just expect that as they own a sports car they can set a lap record. Its the same with airplanes.
The realism is great on all your models, they all have a performance envelope, if they exceed it, it bites back.
Yanking about on the stick isnt how to fly a fast jet, you need to be firm but gentle and you’ll be suprised at how wide the envelope really is.

1 Like

@SpeedDemon996 This can be changed to reflect the mach speed on the “external” camera vs knots.

I believe the variable needing added/edited is in the cockpit.cfg and the variable is “hud_speed_in_mach = 1;”

If you were on pc you could make that edit yourself, but if you are on xbox, you’ll probably have to wait until a future update.

I believe this is something Dean would probably add to his next update, but I’ll let him confirm that.

2 Likes