F-18 not steering with rudder on tarmac

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

F-18 not steering on the tarmac with the rudder since SU9.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Landed twice but experienced no response from rudder control. The rudder itself turns accurately but the aircraft doesn’t steer on ground at all.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Alienware 17 R4. Core i7, Nvidia GTX 2070. Sim installed on SSD. Controlled with an Xbox latest controller.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU9 after the update.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Read here for the new, corrected, ground steering usage.

5 Likes

Hello @ZILLNIAZI17 .
There was a new feature added to SU 9 regarding steering, which has to be bound.
See:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/f-a-18-super-hornet-cannot-be-steered-on-ground/513243
This will probably resolve your issue.
If this does not resolve your issue, let a moderator know,
otherwise this topic will close in 24 hours.

Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll take a look.

Also, the Spotlight Event has turned grey for me. I have no option to select the Sky Hawk landing challenge in SU9.

1 Like

Be sure you have that aircraft installed in content manager.

I do. It’s a Cessna 172 Sky Hawk.

More specifically it the cessna 172 G1000 that the spotlight event uses. If it’s faded out then you’re either missing the plane, or the updated airport that’s being used. Check your content manager for anything that needs an update, and check for any mods/liveries you may have installed that might change the “name” of the 172 and cause it not to be recognized.

Thank you for being so kind and specific.

I have everything up-to-date in the content manager. Also, I am not using any liveries for this particular aircraft that would change its title, but I will double-check.

This is happening on Xbox and can’t seem to fix issue.

Taxing from gate has the same issue, not just landing the plane. Seems like it’s a tarmac issue with plane

i have set nose wheel steering limit to"?" on the keyboard. easy to remember because i dont know why they wanted to make it this complicated. pity they didnt spend the time on a blue angels or test pilot school paint scheme. i will say the flight dynamics are a lot better with SU9 . but at least in the xbox world we are paying a big price for that

Yes.

Anyone assigning keys to NWS, please advise where to locate NWS in the Control Settings.

Thank you, sirs.

go to options
then control options
select the device at the top which you want to bind the key to.
set filter to “all”
i entered “steering” into “search by name” and it was at the top. i did mine to keyboard.
once selected it works from take -off until landing. Although when i switched off battery i went CTD. not uncommon at the moment

1 Like

Will try this the next time I’m on the simulator.

Thanks a million.

your welcome fella happy flying

Joystick users tip,
If you like, assign Toggle G Limiter to your Trigger Switch.
This will turn NWS off as well as functioning as a finger lift for the G Limiter.

I also have the trigger mapped for AP Off (mostly for the other stick ac with ap)
You’ll probably never be trying to pull 7g+ with the ap on :slight_smile:

i have same problem to could not steer on tarmac

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.