F-4 Phantom

Back after a year and none of my old FSX planes work. I get them to show an game but very little to no controls.
Is there a way to update them to work or not ??

FSX addons are not compatible. Not only is the model format different, but the structure and coding have also changed.

There is a F-4 Phantom in development for MSFS, in case you’re in the market for a new one.

3 Likes

Moved to #third-party-addon-discussion:aircraft as FSX conversions fit this category

How about the ones that were already converted ??
I get them to show up but behave really bad

Which other dev is working on a Phantom? it mentions it in that link.

I tried one was â– â– â– â– , looked like was put together by a grade schooler wheels locked down --Deleted

They aren’t compatible. At best some of the AI models can be converted, but nothing flyable. Any that have been have been butchered and are rubbish.

Apparently Milviz are working on E and S versions …

… and Simworks Studios are also planning to do one, but it may take a while:

1 Like

FSX planes will not work without extensive work by the developer. Tools that claim to convert/import FSX models are not worth your time.

You’ll just have to wait for one of the renditions that have been announced. Or you could start learning to develop addons yourself - good luck!

Awesome thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

lots of good rumours about dcdesigns upcoming F-4. looking forward to flying a RAF F-4j in 74 “tiger” squadron markings out of my then nearby base of RAF wattisham

1 Like

I’ll wait for the milviz :grinning:

1 Like

DC Designs is making good progress per their weekly updates. I’m really excited and will be purchasing it the moment it releases!

I don’t have access to facebook, so can you confirm which versions they are doing?

I’d love to see the Spey engined UK versions, but I’m not holding my breath :blush:

Me too! Any Milviz/Blackbird aircraft that is of interest to me is an instant buy, even without a review. Can’t wait for the C-130, the Huey and the Blackhawk.

I know there’s a UK version and I’m 99% sure it is spey-engined. I’ll double check when I get a chance and let you know for sure.

2 Likes

The Spey engine is included! Please forgive the all caps, this is a quick and dirty copy/paste of variants & liveries planned for release (subject to change):

RAF PHANTOM FGR2:

43 SQUADRON ( CAMO )
BLACK MIKE
56 SqN
92 Sqn
74 Sqn

RN FLEET AIR ARM F4K - 892 NAVAL AIR SQUADRON “007”

US NAVY F4-J PHANTOMS

BLUE ANGELS
VF-96 CAG “SHOWTIME 100”
VF-111 SUNDOWNERS
VF-51 SCREAMIN’ EAGLES
VF-84 JOLLY ROGERS

US MARINES F4-J

VMFA-333
VMFA-232

JASDF F4-E - 302nd TFS, JASDF

USAF F4-E

THUNDERBIRDS
4th TFW ( GREY SCHEME )
4th TFW, 337th TFS ( MiG KILLER )
347th TFW, 70th TFS “WHITE KNIGHTS”
20th FS, 49th FW, HOLLOMAN AFB, NEW MEXICO
469th TFS, 388th TFW “BETTY LOU”

EXPORT PHANTOMS

LUFTWAFFE F-4E
RAAF PHANTOM F-4E
GREEK AIR FORCE F-4E
TURKISH F-4E
ISRAELI F-4E
IRANIAN F-4E

2 Likes

Thanks very much for taking the time to get that for me, much appreciated. :pray:t2::+1:

1 Like

They didn’t get quite as flashy as they did with their F-15’s, but the JASDF had some really striking Phantom liveries, some of them to commemorate the end of operating the type.

3 Likes