F22 Bredok3d? BUYER BEWARE

Free:

Payware offering coming soon:
https://www.topmachstudios.com/

'nuff said

4 Likes

Fair enough, but it only took me a ten second look at the cockpit for me to determine the quality of the product.

3 Likes

What are they, exactly? Can you explain that?
The model is a joy to fly; I’ve been up in it every day since release. It’s my new favourite ride.

2 Likes

This. Unfortunately, there certainly are people out there who just want to fly around on something that approximately looks like a certain aircraft they like.

The fact that Bredok3d continues making this kind of ultra-low quality addons means that they sell, and at this point, most should have wisened up to what they’re getting.

If they still purchase this stuff, it means that it’s what they want. As long as there is a market, people will make stuff for it.

All we can do is to vote with our wallets and purchase quality addons, while ignoring what is bad and continuing to let people know that it is bad. That way, they’ll make an informed decision. If they still want to purchase a bad product because it somewhat looks like an F-22, at some point, it’s their cross to bear.

5 Likes

An extremely bad product mashing low-quality 3D models and texturing with completely unrealistic settings and avionics that have literally nothing to do with the model reproduced. Basically, a quick cash grab made to prey on people who don’t know (or want) any better.

Even a brick with wings can be a “joy to fly” but that says nothing about its quality, which in this case is zero.

If you’re aware of what you’re buying, which is something that somehow looks (externally) like an F-22, but doesn’t come even close to fly like an approximation of one, and doesn’t even look or work like an approximation of one from inside, then that’s fine. Anyone is free to purchase the toys they want.

The fact that they’re selling what’s basically a fictional aircraft with the name and external likeness of a real one is unsavory and bordering on false advertisement, but as long as the customer is aware, it’s on them, especially when there is so much better in the field of military jets on the market, and in the end, those products that are better and not misleading really doesn’t cost that much more.

12 Likes

Much of the marketplace stuff is not from the MSFS dev team, they are third party. So it would be up to each of those individuals to decide if they wanted to do Beta.

MS/Asobo has no involvement in this guys junk airplanes.

1 Like

I am sorry you have had a bad experience. I also enjoy the Eurofighter, and I am very impressed with the F-22. I also fly the Gee Bee R3 Special which doesn’t exist in real life. However, the creators have done an amazing job imagining a great aircraft. I don’t mind a little creativity in the visual design so long as the flight model is well done.

What continues to amaze me is that despite all the feedback here and elsewhere, there are players who are happy and continue to buy and hence support the developer into providing further additional products.

It’s a free market economy : so I guess as long as there are buyers there will always be a market to cater to them.

5 Likes

1: The Gee Bee R3 Special’s creators don’t try to sell something as something it isn’t. That’s an entirely different situation. Fictional aircraft are entirely fine as long as they’re sold as such. Besides, the Gee Bee is still based on a real project.

2: This has nothing to do with creativity. It has to do with selling a fictional aircraft while tricking people into believing it has anything to do with the real one. There’s no “creativity” whatsoever involved in making the Eurofighter or the F-22. Their “developer” simply bought the 3D model and applied unfitting avionics made by Asobo to them. If you enjoy them, more power to you. They’re still bad products.

7 Likes

Saw a video review of this, they seem to have hit a new low bar for visual quality, the external textures look absolutely awful with weird embossed details all over. What an absolute joke.

I really feel for the Xbox simmers, the problem is that there aren’t any of the good addons turning up to drown out this kind of rubbish. All they have available are these low effort payware planes while pc simmers don’t even need to give these clownshows a look in due to the multitude of great addon planes we have available.

Hopefully Ms and Asobo sort the hangups of the market place and Xbox 3rd part environment and start feeding in some of the quality aircraft available soon.

8 Likes

hello
is there a way to get aircrafts outside of marketplace when using xbox series (not PC)?
thx

There is not.

1 Like

This. I was excited to buy the F22 but just looking at the thumbnail in Marketplace something looked off so I watched a YouTube review.

Idk how you can make a plane as beautiful as the F22 ugly, but they did it. This thing is downright hideous. It’s bumpy, wrinkled, splotchy, and just bizarre. If they had copied the model from Ace Combat they would have been fine.

1 Like

Give it time
and you’ll learn the hard way.

2 Likes

A happy customer is a returning customer! Thank you for flying Bredok3D!

Who’s returning and where exactly ?

1 Like

Spot on my buddy!

Unfortunately, it doesn’t take much to get us xbox users excited these days whenever a new aircraft comes to the marketplace. I will caution everyone to check the reviews before buying anything
all we’re doing is enabling these companies to produce garbage when we purchase their wares.

3 Likes

No, just a sizable portion of MSFS users who have no other option. Sounds like you are the one who has no awareness.

1 Like

You always have the option of not giving your money to poor developers, and you have the same ability to find reviews and information about developers’ track records as anyone else.

I sympathize with you about the paucity of addon aircraft available on Xbox but I don’t know why you’re directing your ire over it at me. I’m not a developer. Ultimately if Xbox users are so excited to see anything new appear on the marketplace that they just can’t restrain themselves from throwing money at the screen before finding out what the quality is, that’s on them.

I agree. I was trying to think of a positive way that the community could help with testing. I understand that the ability to say yes or no is with the 3rd party developers and Asobo/Microsoft. However, if there is a way to create a way for those who wish to take part in the testing process to have access to those items, I think we, as a community, could help make this sim better.