Famous Flyer 07: Mitsubishi Heavy Industries MU-2

You may have a point.

Move your Condition levers to “Taxi” - they are at max thrust in your screenshot, which is the in-flight mode. On the ground, you want them in Taxi mode.

Gotcha! Thanks.

Guys, did not touch anything with reverse thrusters. But I will check before I release version 1.0.4 later this week.

1 Like

Well after @Jimsgold3565 's patch and thruster help from @TOLOWTERRAIN723 I quite like this plane. I’m not sure it’s particularly accurate, but it’s fun to fly.

I did discover the reverse thrust is so powerful that it’ll drop down straight on it’s nose at 60 kts like it’s got a parachute behind it. :slight_smile:

Does anyone know of a mod that’ll clean up the dirty windows?

if you come up with a solution to this… you let me know

Will do. I found a fantastic window by accident for the Cessna 207. That made me think maybe someone did it for other aircraft, but I don’t see one for this :frowning:

Let me check the dirty windows issue.
I do not guarantee anything but maybe I might be able to help a bit.

1 Like

Easy problem to resolve, easier still if your physical throttles have an actual reverse detent. You have two choices:

1. Have a button that toggles reverse thrust, then you advance the levers forward to increase reverse thrust.
  2. Set your physical throttles at their idle point, or invent one, and then in the sensitivity screen, adjust the Neutral point so that the white dot is sitting on the central horizontal line, exactly half way up. Now, when you pull your physical levers back past the Neutral/Idle point, it will go into reverse thrust without any buttons needed.

Option 2 works for me on every jet, and turboprop I have used it on. No custom configurations on the controller profile screen either. I use the same profiles for all planes.

1 Like

Thanks! I don’t have detents, but I like the button idea. I hadn’t thought of that.

1 Like

I can’t remember the exact name but its something like “Toggle Reverse” or “Toggle Reversers”. Be careful about hitting it a second time if you still have the lever fully forward. :slight_smile:

1 Like

theres two versions, one is a button to toggle it each time the button is pressed, theres also one that toggles while the button is held. i cant remember the names either. i prefer reversers on when button is held

1 Like

After seeing the Windshield textures I am sure I can update them. Please give me a few days to experiment with them.
I also want to add a sorta of blue/gray sun glare diffuser on the front upper portion of the windshield something similar to that seen on some Aircraft and automobiles.
Now is the time to add comments if you want a grayish window tint…or something else…or none at all.
Best
Jim

2 Likes

I like no tint at all. I play exclusively in VR and I feel sometimes the tint gives a blur. Plus, if you fly at night even a minor tint can turn everything pitch black when it’s really not that dark from the stars/moon or a city.

I think blue would be more period appropriate for when these were in production if they did an upper tint at all

2 Likes

I would be more than happy just to see the scratches and the dirt gone from the windows.

I will leave white and try to put a small upper blue sun shade tiny as well as remove the dirt and grime

Looking at youtube videos, it seems that there are many combinations where the left and right windows are blue and only the front window is transparent, but I wonder if it is possible to color-code each of them.
I wonder if it is necessary to change the color from the model data.

I know you already explained… but anyway… if you could do something about the power, and about the reverse. That would be awesome. We would be approaching perfection here