Famous Flyer III: Beechcraft Bonanza V35

The good news is Carenado’s attention to detail. The instrument panel is superb! It’s very close to realistic. Secondly, the aircraft performance seems close to actual performance numbers. Third, the sound effects are so good I’m wondering how to use them with the H-35. The only bad news is the lighting. Much of the instrument panel is shadowed, making it difficult to use some instruments (the autopilot altitude panel, for instance). The floodlight dial is inoperative and needs to be modeled. Also, the landing light shows too much texture and makes it difficult to discern what’s ahead. A good work around is to just use the taxi light, which is well modeled. The ground handling also tends to veer left. Despite these shortcomings the V35B is worth the purchase.

Hello!

The Beechcraft Bonanza V35 is a wonderful airplane. Thank you Carenado and Microsoft for your work!

A few words about the plane:

• Exterior 3D model very high quality, detailed. Fantastic!

• Cockpit is also very high quality, everything is worked out in detail, many photorealistic textures, original gauges

• Sound pack with realistic high quality

• Flight dynamics, in my opinion, went well

I recommend this plane to everyone! You can’t miss it in the collection! Wonderful work!

9 Likes

@RomoRocket
I’ve flown the V35 on 6 flights in the past couple days and so far it’s been really decent. Different routes with terrain and water, day, dusk and night - so far so good. I find that the default view puts you a little close to the instrument panel but other than that it’s a winner in my books. And at only $19 it’s the least expensive ride I own!

2 Likes

CTD’s with this aircraft seem random to me (now 3 CTD’s from 7 flights), just finished another flight and it was fine. Trying to see if I can recreate, but for now seems random in nature. Really nice aircraft apart from those random CTD’s (for me, SU9 latest Nvidia drivers)).

1 Like

I noticed though that the 297B seems blurry and more than a bit oversensitive(barely moving the mouse goes from 2000-25000’ on the settings). The Mooney’s seems to work/look better and I don’t have to stop and zoom in just on the display when flying to put ALL my attention on getting those knobs to turn properly. Already found myself manually climbing and just engaging the altitude setting when I get there.

It’s been a while since I flew the Mooney so would have to go back to remind myself, I do remember using it. My main annoyance with it on the V35 is it seems to go zipping on through the target altitude on a climb unless you intervene with an ALT hold on the main AP panel. Not sure if this is a bug or expected behaviour. Can’t remember what the Mooney did, but I don’t remember it going though target altitudes. Maybe ALT(hold) needs to be activated at all times, but when it is you can’t change V/S.

I’m running FS on a 48" 4K UHTV so haven’t had issues with blurriness or legibility.

I agree, for I just finished - after restarting MSFS - a 30 minute flight without CTD. I did however disable Live Weather and choose for Clear Skies.
I too have SU9 & latest Nvidia drivers.

1 Like

So, everybody is happy. Is this a first? :grinning:

This aircraft is extremely well done, imo. Great bang for the buck.

4 Likes

19 usable gallons, how odd. Hopefully they fix it to match the placards.

My only real complaint is the engine seems incredibly quiet compared to any other plane I own.

From the POH:

In sim they are 22 gallon tanks, 19 usable.

2 Likes

Weather didn’t make a difference for me ( have ctd in clear skies too), but I did notice going through the clouds that my GPU was sitting at 100% which is unusual for me as I run at 30fps/60Hz and normay sit about 70% GPU. Not sure if it was the clouds or the aircraft driving the extra GPU usage. Will keep monitoring it. It’s not my system though as I have a decent PC.

1 Like

Now you mention it, yeah the default view does seem a little close to the instrument panel. It’s well worth the money though, very pleased.

2 Likes

I just did this. Going to try it now.

UPDATE:
First flight no problems, but second flight halfway sudden CTD.

Windows Eventviewer reported:

FlightSimulator.exe
FlightSimulator.exe
c0000005
00000000021459f7
ffc
01d8b4b9ca4cbcde
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
fb50113b-cfd1-42ce-a3cc-8824409052b9
Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
App

I do that after every NVidia driver update, but not usually after installing a new aircraft.

That POH is from an older model, 25 gallon wing tanks became standard with the K35 and subsequent models, according to the American Bonanza Society. In any case the placards in the cockpit say 37 gallons usable per tank, no?

Same experience with it on my first flight in it last night. Engaged the autopilot and it rolled over and spiraled into the ground. Was unable to recover after disengaging the autopilot.

Just a little bit of information for people who are getting crashes to desktop. I have not loaded up MSFS for week. Nothing has changed in my system, or my program during that period. Just now I have had three crashes to desktop just trying to launch the program. Each time it crashed at the screen which shows US update. I do not have the new aircraft. I comment only to provide a different context and to potentially assist people in drawing their own conclusions regarding their experience.

EDIT:- attempts four and five later in the day and MSFS loaded. Two years in and still inconsistencies.

3 Likes

Not quite: inside the cockpit the noise from the engine is way too low.
Otherwise a great plane though.

1 Like