Famous Flyer IV: Antonov An-225 Mriya (Now available on Xbox)

control stick flying is for rookies. real pilots use throttle only :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You might want to add that to the top of the product description in the Marketplace. Iā€™m sure it will motivate many additional people to buy it!

7 Likes

Anybody managed to have English letters in the cockpit? It seems the tablet is not switching the cyrillic :smiley: I dont want to learn it again.

Not everything in the cockpit is translated. If you turn tool tips on, they all have English language pop-ups.

1 Like

the switch only changes autopliot and annunciator messages to english. rest stays cyrillic

It is estimated to cost about t $500 Million to rebuild the Antonov.

If only a fraction of the MSFS community purchase the MSFS version, that will could be a significant help.

I will certainly contribute ā€“ just also need much BIGGER Hangar !!

5 Likes

Itā€™s a good thing I started learning Russian two weeks ago for work. I suppose from today on Iā€™ll learn it a hell of a lot faster when all those bells and whistles go off around me with red lights flashing. Iā€™ll be flipping dictionary pages at point-mach speed. :smile:

2 Likes

It likes frames though.

I will buy it for sure in the weekend, (canā€™t do it sooner cause work all week!). It will worth, no doubt.
Plane looks very good and well made.
Furthermpre this is an honorable initiative to devolve all fund on reconstruction on that sky giant.
Glad to give real help from a virtual world.
My hope is to live in a world like the one on the sim, where there is no war and we can enjoy all the magnificence of our beloved planet.

4 Likes

Agree! And post it as a sticky on the forum! And add some cockpit-pictures on the Marketplace! It would make an huge difference to attract those who arenā€™t interested in flying this plane. Most are probably not even aware.
Iā€™m certainly going to purchase it, no matter of the quality of the plane. Money well spend imho!

3 Likes

So who will be the 1st to build a 1:1 scale Home Cockpit ?

plus all the rest of the cockpit !!

Going to need a BIG basement.

This plane really does scream out for SHARED COCKPIT

13 Likes

Wonā€™t even let me purchase the plane. Says another purchase is still pending and if the issue persists to contact support. I have rebooted and checked my account and payment options. Everything is in order itā€™s just the marketplace wonā€™t let me purchase anything.

Ticket submitted to Zendeskā€¦

Finally was able to buy it. So far:

1. Graphically looks awesome! Great job!
  2. Reverse Thrust does not appear to be working well. While the graphics show reverse thrust, speed and impact is minimal to none. Compare this with live videos that were done when it is using RT in real life.
  3. There is no stall warning sound. Not sure if it is like that in real life but I think there has to be one.
  4. There is no tire sound on landing ? Will try a few other flights.
  5. Turn radius in the air seems to be excessive / unrealistic. Feels like it is an ā€œaerobaticā€ model. Fun butā€¦
  6. The altitude count down sound is way too low. They are loud in the real cockpit.
  7. The ā€œterrainā€ alert are not always triggering when they should .
  8. The fans spin, work, and turn! Yay.
  9. Great job with the tablet & cargo loading / unloading. Love it!
  10. In multiplayer the engine exhaust effect is wrong on others who fly AN-225. It shows it is at 45 degree angle (even when going straight)

Thank you for the manual. Still going though it.

3 Likes

Itā€™s, um, a bit aerobatic :stuck_out_tongue: need a huge amount ( start at 10x ) to moments of inertia to give it a really heavy feel - honestly doing that for every plane Iā€™ve felt is made of polystyrene ( which is practically all of them ) has been a bit of a revelation, to the point where I wonder if dev mode is suggesting something in the wrong units.

You mean on the ground? coz I took off after a backtrack along a fairly narrow runway & didnā€™t have a problem pulling a 180 at the end. If you mean in the air, well erā€¦ I donā€™t think I can agree there :smiley:

I clarified the comment. I did mean in the air, I was able to do some aerobatic moves and turns in the air where I did not think would be doable for a plane that size / load. But I get the fact that they want to make it easier to fly for most folks.

Ah I see - you meant the other way than I was thinking. Yes, it does handle like something bizjet sized.

Please, Microsoft, can you unencrypt the cfg files for purchased marketplace items?

1 Like

a carriage house would be better than a basement for a 1:1 effect so if you faced it in front of the garage door youā€™d get the same effect when you open the garage door :slight_smile:

I may never fly it, or I may get brave and actually try to learn it one day. As for now, this is a donation for the cause - Š”Š»Š°Š²Š° Š£ŠŗрŠ°Ń—Š½Ń–!

5 Likes

Where is the on and off switch for the Garmin unit? Iā€™ve just got a blank screen.

Did you turn on all the navigational system switches?