Famous Flyer IV: Antonov An-225 Mriya (Now available on Xbox)

Something like this at shorter runways…

15 Likes

Hi! One quick question… How can I set the altitude to hundreds or thousands instead of meter by meter? It’s a bit tedious. Thank you

on the flypad settings

If anyone is curious, CYYC (Calgary) runway 17L-35R is 14,000 feet long and was built to be able to handle aircraft like the AN-225. conveniently only 5914 Nautical Miles from Lukla!

6 Likes

omg thanks! is working now!

1 Like

Great aircraft and for an even better cause, no regrets.

14 Likes

Gonna have ATC issuing Go-Arounds when you’re not even in the air! :laughing:

2 Likes

Another long one is KMWH Grant County Int’l. in eastern Washington state at almost 15,000 feet. Boeing uses it for their testing.

Bit big for my local airfield. :grinning:

Don’t think it will fit in the hangar. :astonished:

Great livery. :+1:

11 Likes

My mistake, it did fit after all…

73 Likes

Isn’t that how you turn this beast around?
Like, differential steering in the air.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

First time since MSFS that I felt the urgent need to depart from Edwards* Airforce Base. :smiley:

I don’t know yet how often I will be flying it. But I’m very sure that his livery is the one to go with. :white_check_mark:

*Longest military runway in the USA. Good place for sim testflights.

8 Likes

Last flight was delivering COVID-19 test kits from Tianjin, China to Billund, Denmark via Bishek, Kyrgyzstan then back to Hostomel Antonov Airport for maintenance.

3 Likes

On the US East Coast, the Shuttle Transport System (Space Shuttle) Landing Field on Merritt Island is 15,000 ft.

3 Likes

An aircraft manual for the Antonov AN-225 is now available on our Aircraft Manuals page. :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Airport code: KCOI?

Also on the West Coast is Vanderberg Space Force Base (KVBG), also with a 15000’ runway for the Space Shuttle.

2 Likes

I‘m certain we‘ll see a lot of landing attempts documented by Youtubers there in the near future :wink:

1 Like

I just took off at mtow from MMMX. I used every bit of runway and still barely got off the ground.

1 Like

I think you meant it is bugged when the nose is up.

It seems that what is happening is the various camera positions are not updating as the aircraft kneels/unkneels. I happened to switch back to the EFB view as the aircraft was unkneeling and the EFB began to shift upward as the camera stayed in a fixed position. Now that the aircraft is unkneeled the EFB view is down in the cargo hold.

2 Likes