Fauna not searchable in the World Map again (regression)

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Just a week ago, I put this bug report in the Resolved category because fauna were searchable.
Now, it appears that it doesn’t work again.
This is a screenshot that a community manager sent to me a few weeks ago:
fauna
As you can see in the screenshot section, below, that same search in Sim Update 10 no longer works. I would be curious to know if anyone who is not in the beta is also having this issue. I am wondering if it’s a server-side issue and not a client-side issue.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

The same search today (3 screenshots to show the full list of search results):
Search 1

Search 2

Search 3

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

1. Start Microsoft Flight Simulator.
  2. Navigate to the World Map.
  3. Search for “bear”. (Other possible searches include “giraffe”, “flamingo”, “seagull”, “elephant”, “geese”, “hippopotamus”, “rhinoceros”.) Scroll as necessary.

Expected result: Search results for bear (or other fauna POIs) appear in the search results.
Observed result: No fauna POIs appear in the search results (see above screenshots).

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Shouldn’t be relevant, but:
2.60GHz i7-10750H
32 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 2070
1 TB SSD (half full)
Windows 10 Home 20H2
OS Build 19044.1706

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes

Confirmed it’s not searchable again, hope it gets fixed again as i always love searching for interesting places to fly with some Cute animals along the way

I can find them as POIs

Did you rebuild SceneryIndexes folder?

Cheers

Thanks. No, I have not touched any files in this installation.

That’s interesting that some people are having this issue and others are not.

Scenery system has changed and now those files are named is another way. Delete the folder:

\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes

Game will rebuild it after next launch. This solves many of the scenery related issues.

Cheers

Uhh I’m on Xbox nothing to delete and I still cant search for Fauna so what then ?? Issue remains cant see them under POI’s either on Xbox and its a fresh new install of the sim with SU10 Beta running and all updates and world updates.

Also doesnt show the Animal locations on the world map anymore, do we need to open a seperate topic for that ???

Edit: After restart they showed again. But I find it seriously bad that we cant just type fauna anymore and they all show. This is going to be very confusing and annoying for many people.

Edit: Looks like after a reboot I can also search for Fauna again, crazy because it didnt work earlier lol

I agree, I can’t find “Bear” as Fauna.

I also could not find “Grass Lake” or “Bodad” (only as waypoint).
High performance PC. EAST USA server. World Map filters include all POIs ON.

For me on Xbox the fix was rebooting the xbox twice for it to show

Ok discovered the problem, if you restart the sim you can no longer search for Fauna, you then have to spawn at an airport first before you can search Fauna on the world map or even see Fauna POI’s on the world map, sometimes however it just take like 4 minutes before they all appear on the world map. So there is some sort of lagging in loading it. This is definitely a BUG. Do I have to make a new topic for it or will this one be changed to reflect this bug ??? @N316TS ??

Hi,
Not sure what you mean by “spawn at an airport first”. I clicked on an airport and then searched for “bear” and it still did not show up. And restarting did not help, either.
You may wish to edit your second post with this additional information in the “extra information” section, and also mention that you are on Xbox. If you could clarify what you mean by spawning at an airport (do I have to do a flight first and then search?), that might be helpful, too. Thanks!

Ok so here is the issue I discovered on Xbox Series X. I start the Sim and look at the world map, I see no Fauna at all not even their Icons and so it results in me not being able to search for them either. Now after around 4 minutes they finally start to show up on the world map and I can then search for them by Typing Fauna in the search Bar. Now sometimes you can speed this up by starting at a random airport doesnt matter which one and after you start there stop the flight go back to the main menu and look at the world map but that is only needed if they do not show up after like 4 minutes waiting at the world map. Btw even if the icons appear on the map you still dont see them in the search bar until you started your first flight and then went back out of it to main menu again.

yes

Yeah its definitely a bug, only way around it is start a flight first, quit the flight back to main menu and then fauna search works as it should

It is quite strange, If I search for “bear” I do not get a result, but when I search for “flamin” I get the flamingo sites as result. So it also depends on the fauna you are searching for …

grafik

grafik

This morning I found if I clicked on the map or selected a departure or arrival location, then used the search bar I could find “Bear” as fauna. I have seen other issues with the World Map but will create an appropriate thread.

Searched Bear, Eleph, and Flam. I see the POIs on Xbox. I’ll check from time to time to see if they disappear.

Try it after first starting up the sim but not doing anything else yet so dont click an departure or arrival yet just start the sim go straight to the world map and search fauna because that is where the bug is in and yeah im on xbox

YEP, Doesn’t work after starting from a fresh start. Very weird behavior. Searched bear and only see Blackbeard’s castle

1 Like

Yes

Start game, go to world map, search for bears, no POI found