FBW A320 Pause at TOD Freeze

I’m trying out the “Pause at Top of Descent” feature with the FBW A320 and…it did indeed pause at the TOD. However now it won’t un-pause. Anyone know how to fix? I tried pressing ‘enter’, ‘esc’, ‘p’, etc. Nothing works. And can’t click with mouse because the mouse cursor won’t appear, but the sim audio is still playing so I know it’s not frozen. Ugh

I think you may need these mapped to unfreeze it. Set Pause Off. See screenshot.

I have “set pause off” mapped to right shift+p as well. Nothing happens when pressing it unfortunately. Pressing esc won’t even get me back to the main menu to change key mappings.

Hmmm. That solved it for me with both the FBW and PMDG. Sorry.

then it seems like it’s a serious bug. i spent hours planning and executing this flight, and it broke right at the top of descent…sigh

thanks for trying

Sadly, been there too. So frustrating. Which version of the FBW are you using? 100% sure it works with mine.

I take that back… I’m 100% sure the PMDG worked two days ago. Have not used the FBW in about 2 weeks. Maybe something busted it since.

you’ve tried esc and resume i take it?

also, and i don’t fly the fbw a320, is there not a way to disable the pause in the same place that you armed it?

correct. and as I mentioned earlier even pressing the ‘esc’ key does nothing. can’t get back to the main menu. I would have thought this meant it was frozen, except I can both still pause and un-pause the audio, and pull up the VFR map

Are you frozen now? Does the EFB work?

can’t get to the EFB because I couldn’t pan the view. In the screenshot I posted in the OP this was all I could see

You might try next time by using the Developer mode and using the unpause there. I hve used thatmany times when I have forgot to un-tick the pause at 50 miles out in my acars program.

oh, interesting theory. i’ve never used debug mode but if that happens again i’l try it out

I had a similar issue with the FBW yesterday. I was getting ready to fly, the captain went on PA stating that they were just finishing up some paperwork, onboard watch kept counting but everything else, including panning the view, was frozen.

hmmm weird. good to know i’m not the only one

Maybe check your mappings for any control that might be bound to a pause command.

As there are two pause commands, for each type, one to set and another to unset, if you inadvertently activate pause, it might cause the issue you are experiencing. Just do a search for “pause” in your assignments for each controller.

I had previously had to clear the pause mappings that I had deliberately allocated to the pinky switch of my warthog throttle, which is quite easy to inadvertently flick, as I had experienced some similar odd behaviour during flights and this was a potential cause. Although I can’t be certain that this had caused my issue, I haven’t seen it since.

thanks for your input, but I don’t think the pause button can freeze the view panning. I think it’s something else going on (probably a bug in the plane code)

And an underlying one at that. I only now noticed you’re on Dev branch, I’m using the stable release…

I have found a solution after which the cursor re-centers.

1. Open your browser (i.e., Chrome / Firefox)
  2. In the URL field, type localhost:19999
  3. Click on any link
  4. Go to the Console Tab shown in the browser. (Note: This is not the DevTools of your browser. The page you are on already has a console tab at the top.)
  5. At the bottom type in Coherent.call(‘UNFOCUS_INPUT_FIELD’)
  6. Press Enter