FBW A320neo autopilot failing on arrival (stable version)

Hi, today i flew the FlyByWire A320neo (stable v0.7.4) in a 3-hour flight from Málaga LEMG to Copenhagen EKCH without any incedent until i started the approach. At 7.000ft (more or less), my aircraft started to turn on circles on its own, disobeying the flight plan. This incident forced me to disengage the autopilot and I had to manually manage the arrival.

I have flown the FBW Airbus for the past 2 months and have experienced exactly the same problem several times, is there any way to prevent it? I usually manage the problem by using the DIRECT TO function of the MCDU, but today it was impossible (somehow my entire flight plan was erased from the MCDU, I had to quickly re-enter ILS arrival)

Thank you.

Before arrival, did you make sure that you had deleted the flight plan discontinuity line?

Maybe it’s reaching that and therefore not intercepting the way points after the discontinuity.

image.png.91be452b4175300004c6ba2f671cb0e2

Only thing I can think of at the mo.

1 Like

I’ll check and test it tomorrow, thank you man! I had no idea about that.

EDIT: I have read the “Discontinuities” section in the FBW documentation and it is clearly the problem I had. Thank you very much again!

No problem! I hope it works out for you.