FBW A32NX stable version 0.5.0 released

Will have to load the latest stable version. I decided to try the NX again using the latest Dev version. Took a flight from KPHX - KSAN and it was actually quite good. The managed climb and descent phases are getting much better. Made a very satisfying approach and landing with nothing which would seem like a bug impacting the flight. Nice work!!

2 Likes

It DRIVES ME NUTS that ATC at LAX constantly doles out east departures. Glad Iā€™m not the only one.

1 Like

Itā€™s too much to ask of Asobo. Maybe there will be something down the road like AFCAD where you can customize the traffic. The A320 mod is a god send tho. The default airliners where just absolute cringe to fly.

Yes this was removed. Since it didnā€™t work properly (interference with the passenger door). Itā€™ll come back once the SDK is more complete and we know how to prevent this interference.

I am a bit of a novice but love this airplane. With this new version I do not have a line in the MCDU saying INIT Request to load a flight plan from simbrief. Any ideas pls?.

Did you install it correctly? In the correct folder?

In the MCDU you first have to go to >Options > AOC > SIMBRIEF and insert your simbrief username.

Having done that, go to simbrief and prepare your flight. After that you go back to the MCDU MENU > ATSU > AOC MENU > INIT/PRES and push INIT DATA REQ.

I believe that is the way. But thereā€™s also a tutorial for simbrief download to MCDU here:

1 Like

Thx for the quick reply. Yes I have done all of that but the line Init Request is not there. I have reloaded it again but maybe Iā€™ll download it again and retry.

Have You developer mode active? That could also prevent flights from being loged, as far as I know.

Negative on DEV mode. Iā€™m not sure where the bug in the system is. Iā€™m starting to think it could be ATC related and departing (only) correctly with either ATC or stand alone with the correct runway that ATC has determined as active.

See here:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/logbook-showing-00-00-time-and-no-takeoffs-and-landings-after-update-1-11-6-0/327325

Please develop multi legs feature. Now just finish 1 leg and shutdown airplane and save and load again for next leg.

Iā€™m having the same issue as SimDou23. Iā€™ve downloaded the developer version. This is what I get. Option to INIT Request is missing.
image .

Donā€™t load a plan from the World Map page. Do it all from the MCDU. File on Simbrief, come back to the sim. Fire up the A320NX, DONā€™T fill out the FROM /TO in INIT A. You should have the orange INIT Request at that point.
If you donā€™t Iā€™d suggest checking you have put your Username correctly in to the SIMBRIEF options in the MCDU. Make sure you have hit the button Generate OFP in Simbrief. (No need to go further than that) You may need to Reqā€™ OFP in the AOC Menu in the MCDU - covered in the vid below.
Hereā€™s a really good tutorial that cleared the snags for me.
SIMBRIEF Integration is covered in the first few minutes of the video.

the outside engine sound is very different from the standard a320.
Is the sound in this mod more realistically?

I am having the same issue. Canā€™t figure it out. I am wondering if it a SimBrief upload problem. have you tried loading the flight plan manually?

Thanks! That did the trick. Not having a destination in the World Map cleared up the issue.

Glad to help.
Pilots should also bear in mind that even though Simbrief will generate a Flight Plan with SIDs and STARs, when the Flight Plan comes down the pipe from Simbrief through the simulated ACARS of the A320 MCDU it will (just like a real world Company Route) not have the SID or STAR.

This is realistic as the SID is issued to you by ATC at departure and the STAR by ATC as you draw towards your destination.

Think about it; Company Routes might be set in stone. But Weather (and thus Runway in use) changes frequently!

Itā€™s known issue, Iā€™ve tried vanilla A320N, same problem. You should try another route in simbrief.

Have been using v0.5 for a couple of days now and must say it is awesome.

Just one thing to clarify for me: Can I do anything to submit the correct FL to ATC? So far they send me to FL90 or 120, but never higher, although my SimBrief plan says 320. So far I solve it by requesting FL increase.

And since someone mentioned it: Does ATC give you a SID? I only get a runway and ATC seems only to know the first waypoint on my flight plan. The give me a transition to ILS, though.

thx and cheers

1 Like

Hi,
after update I canā€™t turn on engine pumps no 2. How about you?