FBW V7.0 Reverse Thrust

I use the Thrustmaster TCA Airbus edition and have fully calibrated the controls and everything works as normal…almost.

Every landing I use the reverse thrust but there doesn’t seem to be any physical reaction and I end up using the brakes manually, which in turn makes them hot. Reverse seems to lack the power I need (no I am not coming in too fast).

Is there anyway I can increase the power for the reverse thrusters?

The reverse thrust will open automatically when I land

Mine does, but doesn’t seem to have much effect.

Do you have any video recording that you can show? generally full reverse is very audible, and you can see in the upper ECAM with REV being shown on the N1 graph and the engine spools up. If it’s not doing it, then there’s probably some issue with either your calibration or the throttle config itself with the sensitivity curve.

Autobrake and auto spoilers also affect the way you stop as well, so usually with autobrake it should be enough to slow down the aircraft on most international airports runway.

See this video of my landing. Notice that as soon as I touchdown, I engage full reverse and and the REV appears on the upper ECAM and the engine spools up with a very audible engine sound.

1 Like

Hello, how are things going?
For those who want to remove the reverse.

C: \ Users \ YourUser \ AppData \ Local \ Packages \ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe \ LocalState \ packages \ flybywire-plane-a320-neo \ work

Throttle Settings

[throttle_common]
reverse_on_axis = true

Change from true to false

Reverse thrust IRL doesn’t reduce braking distance a whole lot; AFAIK it’s used mainly to not heat up the brakes as much – but brakes are still needed and will still get hot.

You can absolutely not stop the plane with just reverse thrust alone; that would take a very long runway.

1 Like

Look here where Reverse Thrust is expertly discussed and explained.

Summary
Reverse Thrust not allowed in many European airports, Idle Thrust is to be used however.

Reverse thrust when used in conjunction with autobrake does not reduce breaking distance only the brakes will be less loaded/ heated.

Reverse thrust in general has no effect on dry runways when used with manual braking. Only on contaminated (wet, snow, ice) runways some reduction in braking distance can be observed but not as much as most people would suspect (see table at the end of the thread linked above).

If that’s actually the case, then there’s something seriously wrong with your setup!

Only ground spoilers and autobrakes should automatically activate at wheel spin up.

@simoli reverse thrust doesn’t come on automatically!
As @Neo4316 mentioned, confirm you are seeing 2 green REV icons?