February 16th, 2023 Development Update Discussion

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

7 Likes

Just an FYI-the ā€œNext Dev Updateā€ at the bottom is todayā€™s date :slight_smile:

EDIT: Fixed! Thanks!!

4 Likes

Excited the HJet got an update! Good work by MG and FlightFX.

5 Likes

No feedback snapshot is a bummer ā€“ was hoping weā€™d get some sort of preview of the SU12 changelog, oh well. Without the feedback snapshot these dev updates are all bun no meat.

21 Likes

More garbage from MSCENERY, while actual good developers have to wait weeks or even months to get their stuff approved.

Not only that, looks like SU12 was pushed back a week to a date that wonā€™t stick, just like Asobo waited until the very last day of their ā€œJanuaryā€ release for AAU1.

25 Likes

Lets see, some updates for some aircraft, more mscenery garbage, some new aircraft, and news that SU12 got delayed. At least no nightlight scenery, which is a plus at least.

6 Likes

Event Bus looks awesome. makes me wish I was a programmer.

2 Likes

I reserve judgement on that. It does away with the use of some simvars which for external cockpits could well be a bad thing. Letā€™s wait and see how it plays out but if it reduces comms outside of the sim then itā€™s not something I welcome.

Thanks for the update and discussion post! Sorry for all the negativity that led it off. Goodness gracious, people.

12 Likes

I just started designing one for real life drone management! Sounds exciting!

1 Like

FSUIPC will probably have an EventBus support module just like they do for LVars.

LVars already were not accessible outside the sim by default.

Thatā€™s not true. I access LVARā€™s just fine without FSUIPC.

Again. Jorg had put March 14th between double double quotes. This proves to me that they should refrain from mentioning any date from now on, because it always results in disappointment.
My 2 cts? Just mention that a SU is coming with a global overview of the contents. And then only say we release as soon as we think itā€™s ready for the beta flight.

5 Likes

Do we see some kind of progress here in MP releases?

I mean a good amount of planes, 5 of 12 released products are planes(ok, some of them are questionableā€¦)
, a few liveries (also, questionable and a few words to that in following below) plus some scenery.:+1:

Actually looks like weā€™re going into the right way of balance after weeks of mp-releases being swamped by city night enhancements, more liveriesā€¦andā€¦carsā€‹:thinking::sweat_smile:

Now, letā€™s move on to some questions, Iā€™ll start with most important first:

• is the status of SU12 still good and how much ā€˜trustā€™ can be given to the delay of about a week already, as we just starting into a beta testing?

That includes the question for WASM, too. May some of the official CM will give some statement about, how to test WASM on Xbox platform in Beta?

• can we may get a ā€˜teaserā€™ of what is que for release and may some kind of ā€˜orderā€™ which products will get approved and released the next.
    So that way itā€™s getting transparency why a product from a certain developer gets released while others have to wait.

• now more a personal oppion to most of the livery packsā€¦
    Iā€™m not a lawyer and donā€™t know a *** of copyright, but, oh common livery packs with ā€˜self-madeā€™ DHL, Buffalo, Amarican Airways, popular Rockbands, etc liveries?
    First internet is literally filled by livery packs made by great community modders for free.
    If u spend time and effort create your own.
    2nd as mentioned not sure if creaters can do financial provit of ā€˜jmitationā€™ real-life companies/branches?
    Not Iā€™m completely again selling liveries on MP!
    So, If developers sell their liveries with their branch or realistic historical liveries, ok!

• 3rd why counting products twice?
    ā€œ24 NEW PRODUCTS: 12 ON PC, 12 ON XBOXā€

Isnā€™t it still just 12 products that has been released?
Yes they are for both platform in this caseā€¦
But isnā€™t it still 1 product thatā€™s been released on both or either just one Plattform?

6 Likes

After being pushed out of SU11, they delayed it again twice afterwards. Then gave us a date of March 14thā€¦then delayed it again. Doesnā€™t make a lick of sense.

Something is going on and they arenā€™t telling us.

However, if the week delay means Xbox WASM will have content ā€˜ready-to-goā€™ on release day, then Iā€™m all for it!

We just need better communication.

7 Likes

If they do that then all the whining will start about how they are vague and they cant commit. The amount of effort that has gone into msfs and continues to be ,the amount of interaction the team do and still people arent happy. WOW.Show me another product that can compare and that the developers are doing as much.

5 Likes

Thereā€™s really very little point in continuing to post development updates if the team arenā€™t able to actually share the most basic of information. These have turned into junk emails which are more focused on marketplace updates.

3 Likes

A310 getting an update?

Yes, Iā€™m sure that someone is interested in marketplace updates, but I never even glance at them.

I appreciate that sometimes itā€™s easiest to say nothing, but in that case, why have the pretence of an update?

It would be great to know what is and isnā€™t being worked on. It would be good to get an idea of why the date has been set back. OK, itā€™s not vital, but itā€™s a nice thing to know.

In the meantime, if youā€™ve nothing to announce, why make an announcement? Itā€™s like the ā€œyour call is important to usā€ speeches you get when in a music on hold queue. Each time you hope itā€™s someone answering the phone and youā€™re disappointed

1 Like

I disagree. Itā€™s just a generic update on the state of things. And for this purpose it provides a fine overview. Including what has been done in the SDK, updates on upcoming events, updates on new marketplace releases and an in-depth article from WT. And this every week.

5 Likes