February 2nd, 2023 Development Update Discussion

Me and at least once other user on here have filed a bug report about FSR2 causing VRAM overrun and tanking frame rates (ever seen the FPS display go purple?!?!). I know this isn’t a common problem, but it prevents using it to help performance and was wondering if it’s on the radar at all to be investigated. I’ve gone so far as to do a clean re-install of the sim and my graphics drivers, and can’t find any info around the net on this sort of problem in other games. It’s been like this for all of SU11 and still happens on AAU1.

MODERATOR EDIT:
Xbox Series X, so far satisfied.There were no crashes.Improvements and fixes on the face,for me at least.But Antarctica looks bad.Loading textures is no.I fly on a paid goose, husky.

Xbox Series X, пока доволен.Вылетов небыло.Улучшения и исправления на лицо,для меня по крайней мере.А вот Антарктика выглядит плохо.Подгрузка текстур никакая.Летаю на платном гусе, хаски.

1 Like

Hi there, I have MSFS on Xbox. Since the update I can no longer play because the loading screen gets stuck about 3/4 of the way. The couple of times that it did load, it took over 10 minutes and put me in offline mode, with a message saying that my bandwidth is too low. Now my bandwidth is the same as it was before the update. I have no problems at all with any other games. I have about a 44 ms ping to the eastern USA server in MSFS.
In the last few days I have reset my Xbox, which didnt help at all. I also have uninstalled and reinstalled MSFS. I have no 3rd party scenery add ons installed at the time.

getting sick of loading screens ! getting sick of hearing that theme song for 10 minutes waiting for this…

5 Likes

Anyone else having troubles with a disappearing mouse cursor? Since this update, it’ll disappear and I have to tab out and back into the sim to see it again. With only it, a keyboard, and Xbox controller to use, this is a pretty big annoyance.

1 Like

I cannot find the menu in the world map, and are not able to load saved flight. Anyone else expiriencing this?

1 Like

Did you click “More” in the toolbar below and click “Load/Save”?

It was all the menu items that were missing - the whole toolbar. But with full screen mode it came back. So - problem solved. Thanks anyway,¨.

1 Like

Are we still on track for a 2-7 or 2-8 release of the World Update: New Zealand?

The roadmap included within the Feb 2 update shows Feb 23 as the target release date for WU12.

2 Likes

Occasionally I have this problem. It’s only very occasional though and not often enough to be able to find a cause.

Xbox Series X, Mouse, Keyboard, Hotas One

MODERATOR EDIT:
My flight is saved with the top menu, but it loads without it… And it always is…

У меня полет сохраняется с верхним меню,но загружается уже без него…И так всегда…

Short but great flight this morning from Birmingham (UK) to Liverpool (UK) in the Cessna Longitude. Everything working as it should except for ATC which tried to kill me (FL360 to landing in 28NM :rofl:).

When everything works, this SIM is astounding (the light mist over the landscape was breathtaking). ,I’m wondering whether some of the problems people are having is due to the network infrastructure? I had regular CTDs when the network was struggling with Photogrammetry in the past few days…

oooooooh so I’m not one here with more problems. (pls understand that I have this problem maybe about month and expect my own USB devices problem at PC, generally so no reason post this on Forum).

I had this Mouse hide yesterday. What is really strange, also pedals are off, no sound of USB disconnect event, simply LED on Saitek off :slight_smile: During flight I do sometimes contributions here so I did ALT-TAB to Win desktop and my screen appears with Forum but no with bottom win pane with Icons, it appears as some lag timeout after while :smiley: I’m afraid that AAU1 (memory leak not correctly tested??) or Gaming services with Servers does bad things. What is happening to sim again???

Dont know why but i never had that much of frame dropping and micro stuttering before. I just fly in south america for testing with a Pilatus (STOL) and on regional airports with no added dlc and it was a horror. A wonder that i did not crashed. Since that never happened to me before i would like to know if there is a work arround?

Please please can you let us know if this will be in the upcoming SU12 update. It is really needed.

Not sure why it us available to customers when it does not do what its meant to do. Kinda ruining the whole expensive experience. We need light on thr bravo quarrant for xbox users.

Please give some attention to the LOD textures issues on Xbox, as a recent thread in this forum, the issue is not solved after the AAU1 public release. I was in beta, and I can ensure you that during the earlier releases of beta the issue seemed to be solved, and everything was beautiful as it was in some months ago. But in the later beta releases, mainly in the last, 1.30.12.0 the LOD issue was back, and then you public released this version. You tell that the issue is solved, but is not.

It’s very sad to try to fly VFR and see Minecraft scenery in a few miles away, in the runway below, and etc… and it’s even more sad that I saw how far you can go solving this issue with those earlier versions of beta. But in the end you went back !!

We expect from you a response regarding this issue and an expectation of when it will be finally solved.

2 Likes

Hopefully never. I’d like them to carry on improving DX12. There are always improvements possible.

2 Likes

Then why not just delete them?

Hey Eefoe, here you go:

4 Likes

Hi!

When will you fix the cockpit shadows? Some of them flicker a lot and it kills the immersion of flying in virtual cockpit! I had way sharper and better looking cockpit shadows in P3D by switching to 4096 shadow resolution. The flight decks look so nice but the shadow flickering ruins the immersion.