Fed up with planes stay on the runway after landing

Wait more than 15 minutes to take off or have to go around… hoping to have the possibility of sending a message in the next updates… :grimacing:

2 Likes

They can’t affect you physically or vis versa, just carry on :slight_smile:

2 Likes

While they don’t impact you in any way it would be nice that if you don’t move within a set amount of time while on the runway or waiting at the threshold or on a taxiway then you go invisible.

Obviously this shouldn’t apply for those at a gate or parked up.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m waiting for the FSLTL addon to be released which should resolve these AI traffic being slow to vacate the runway.

If you have crash detection turned on they can.

I have flown through and took off through many aircraft and still survived even with full damage detection on [which is not realistic] so I pretend I cannot see it, unless I want to :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Nope, they’ll ghost out and you’ll pass right through them

2 Likes

As unrealistic as it is to have crash detection off. I like to keep it off because it’s unreliable. There are a few instances where it gave me a crashed message on take off, not even V1 yet.

So if you’re livestreaming all my flights, like myself. Crash messages like that due to nothing at all are annoying. Especially when you spent the last 40 mins preparing the flight for departure.

4 Likes

I leave it on for no reason but very rarely I try to get it to tell me I have abused my craft by doing flips etc but it wont :grimacing:

It’s fun to drive through a tube liner. Everybody screams and points…

:rofl:

2 Likes

I feel your pain. One day last week I spent a couple of hours scanning CFG and XML files looking for something to indicate taxi speed. I was hoping to find the culprit (something like “planetaxispeed=20” that could be changed it to a higher value). Alas, my attempt was unsuccessful. That @#$% value may be out there, but I couldn’t find it.

I think there may be more to this though. My opinion is that MSAsobo doesn’t want multiple planes landing and taxiing because it will be too much for the sim to handle. If we got our way, one plane would land and begin to taxi to the gate, then another right behind it, then another and another. The sim has to keep track of open gates for the arrivals to pull into, and safe paths to prevent collisions with other planes, and that takes processing time. Along with this, multiple planes would begin to taxi for takeoff, and the next thing you know, the sim would be choking because oh-by-the-way, you and your plane need to do your thing too.

The simple solution to this problem (from MsAsobo’s standpoint) is to slow down the planes on the runway after they land, forcing go-arounds. Could I be wrong? Of course. But it’s all I got. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not if its done right it wouldn’t. Other sims manage to cope at very busy airports with a lot of AI landing, taxiing and taking off so MSFS should be able to do the same.

1 Like

I agree… what I should have stated was that “in its current form” it would be too much for the sim to handle.

1 Like

Fair enough. It would be nice if they put real effort into getting it right though. There is something magical about watching a really busy airport such as Heathrow working away automatically without issue in a sim, its just looks and sounds so alive.

2 Likes

I don’t think it is the AI, I think it is other live players. They are the ones who sit on runways or taxiways not moving, whilst likely in a menu changing a setting or two…

1 Like

No. The problem still exists with offline AI traffic turned on and multiplayer turned off. It’s been in existence since FSX was released.

Nothing to do with live players.

1 Like

Sometimes there are holes in the runways. I’ve crashed into walls with the stripes on them.

I see it with AI traffic only.

I had a real commercial flight yesterday and I noticed how quick the taxi hold was. The airplane only did a rolling stop and continued on after the other passed.

In the sim it would have turned into a 5 minute wait before I’d give up and just go.

I agree, I have seen many live players just sit on the runway while they go do something…
A lot of times I suspect they are OUT of the Cockpit …
If the guy waiting for takeoff does not throttle up within 3.00 Minutes, he will be INVISIBLE as I move my aircraft over him and take off and smile at him in my rear-view mirror.

Yes, I’ve also noticed that sometimes it doesn’t work. Planes take off, when they take off, only with a roll speed that feels like 50 knots, I mean airliners, they will soon fall from the sky, it looks as if they are floating. And take off after only 50 m. Catastrophe !!!