FeelThere KLGA anyone?

for me and the g2 + 3080, enabling feelthere klga bombs the fps in this area, maybe its just my system, anyone else have this issue?

I had the same fps issue. So, I resized some dds texture files down to 25% or 50% and converted it to DXT5 format except COMP and NORMAL files using Paint.Net. Paint.NET - Free Software for Digital Photo Editing (getpaint.net)
Now I am happy with this KLGA airport scenery.

1 Like

Running a 3060ti with an otherwise unremarkable system and I donā€™t really see any framerate impact. I think LGA is a fantastic add-on.

I think so too. Only drawback which is a big one is that no AI traffic can takeoff because the holding points and taxiway routings are ā– ā– ā– ā– 

1 Like

Hi,

Did you do this for the Marketplace version?

Thanks

I bought it from the simMarket. But you can also edit the Marketplace version.

Please check the following path.
~\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore

Yes - now I see that. Thanks.

Iā€™m satisfied with this add on but my one complaint is that there is a tree in the middle of the tarmac between terminal C and D and I think I also saw one between C and its adjacent new terminal. There was a similar posting on the feelthere forum and the response was to delete the generic KLGA in the OneStore file but I couldnā€™t find a generic entry there. I posted that on the feelthere forum but havenā€™t had a response yet.

I donā€™t think that you can delete default airports the same way you would delete handcrafted ones (that would fill up the content manager way to much with 37,000 airports). This is something the developer should be fixing, as they need to make sure that their files override the default files. I would put it back on themā€¦

Thanks AZFlyGuy1, I hadnā€™t thought about that. Right now Iā€™m flying the Airbus H135 chopper around NYC and found some other trees out of place, e.g. on the Intrepid in the Hudson. Iā€™m on my way to JFK to see of there are any misplaced trees there.

I have taxiways like roller coasters ot sure if iā€™m doing something wrong

You can also save some money and try the free one on flightsim.toā€¦Itā€™s gotten some good reviewsā€¦

Is it possible to do simple edits to add missing hold shorts and fix broken taxiway routes just using the MSFS SDK? I have no airport development experience but it is something I am tempted to try as there are so many airports that look good but are not AI traffic compatible for those reasons and it is becoming increasingly irritating.

For a default airport using the SDK yes. For a purchased airport that might be encrypted (e.g. marketplace), Iā€™m not sure. If you are new to this, maybe try with a default airport using the SDK first?

Thanks. I only hesitate because I do not want to break the sim. Presumably I could make a copy of an existing one to work on so that I can restore the original if I mess things up. I am aware that payware airports may be encrypted and therefore un-editable

I have read some of the SDK documentation and it seems that defining a hold short should be quite easy. It makes me wonder why some otherwise excellent airports miss this.

Exactly. For an older version of KLGA, I resized the textures (not encrypted). If I did not restore the originals, updates were problematic.