Fenix A320 can not descend

Fenix A320 can not descend. The button to descend don´t work.

[

Maybe because your Thrustlevers are not in CLB detent. There is a warning in your ECAM. Better to take an eye on it.

1 Like

I concur. One of the usual suspects that causes people a lot of problems.

You haven’t set an altitude to descend to. There’s no “descend” button in the A320, only the alt knob that you can push or pull to get either a managed or selected change in altitude. This will either climb or descend the aircraft depending on whether the selected altitude is above or below the current altitude. If you have the current altitude selected, like you do here, the aircraft will maintain that altitude.

The thrust levers should also be set to the CLB detent, but that’s not what’s stopping your descent here. The ECAM is showing that the thrust is limited by the thrust lever position. This means they are set below the climb detent which means auto thrust is still active, as indicated by the FMAs, and will still come back towards idle to initiate descent.

I have set an altitude, but it don´t appear. I try to move the alt knob, but it doesn´t make the altitude change.

It should work by selecting the altitude knob and turning it counter clockwise. The numbers will go down in thousands until you get the altitude you want. Then push the altitude knob to initiate the descent. It could be you are accidentally selecting the 100s / 1000s selector which is the outer ring of the altitude knob.

1 Like

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 20.23.28

DashQuickly exactly pointed out all the observable user errors. There might be more. I can only recommend to watch the excellent YouTube videos of eg 320 Simpilot or Easyjetsimpilot. Both are IRL pilots and show you everything from Start to Landing (incl Descends).

1 Like

Thank you all, but the problem is more complex. That´s why I send ticket to Fenix.

Fenix A320 flies perfectly fine including descends of all nature (manual, managed).

Did you even fix your handling errors which were pointed out to you including the most glaring one of not having the thrust levers set correctly into CLB? Or what are we missing?

1 Like

I think I have to calibrate the throttles of the Fenix A320, because I was using the calibration of the A320 FlyByWire.