Fenix A320 default soundset is good, but could be better

Hi,

for a default soundset, the Fenix A320 soundset is good compared to other addons.

But there are some things that are not 100% accurate:

1. The whining sound sounds too much like a “metallic whistle”. The actual whine sound is more like a “screaming” sound (between 40 and 80% N1)
    PARIS | A320 TAKEOFF 4K - YouTube from 0:20

2. During cruise flight, the wind sound is too soft. The actual wind sound during cruise is quite a “sharp” sound
    Airbus A320 - Approach and Landing in La Palma - tricky NDB/DME approach (ENG Sub) - YouTube from 1:20

3. In the cabin, the “sharp” wind sound is way too low. You can nearly only hear the vibration sound. This is not correct as there is a very intense wind sound
    Full Flight – American Airlines – Airbus A321-231 – SEA-DFW – N908AA – AA2748 – IFS Ep. 465 - YouTube from 1:38

4. The taxi rumbling sound is way too low. When an Airbus taxies, there is a lot of rumbling and rattling, shaking etc.

FSRealistic can correct some things but it is of course better if the actual soundset already does these things.

The BSS soundset for Flight Factor A320 / Toliss A321 did it right, the sounds are 100% accurate.

Maybe the soundset could be improved.

Also, I would like to know if studios like BSS are planning for a soundset for the Fenix A320.

Of course, this is criticism on a very high level, but the sound is so important for the immersion.

Regards

1 Like

Thank you, very beautyful videos!

What I especially noticed are the “100, 60, 40, 20 retard retard retard!” lines. In the Fenix Airbus these computer voice lines sound very dull and ugly and with a wide spectrum of always changing volume settings, in the original Airbus it sounds like a normal voice over a high-quality radio with good connection and without changing the volume with every word (here at the end of this video during the landing the computer voice can be heard)

It is still unclear why the Airbus is calling the pilots a retard several times even after a nice soft landing - but who knows what such an Airbus is thinking deep inside… :smiley:

What is heard on your video is probably the sharp N1 fan sound. When sitting two rows more to the rear end of the engine it sounds like this, here are my flight videos:

It sounds like this when not hearing the sharp engine inlet hiss because of sitting right next to the turbine.
More bass no sharp noises, not loud. Very cool sound!

And that rain starting video is so cool I can´t wait to own that Fenix!

What is missing in all airplanes is the sharp rattling of the thrust reversers throwing tons of small stones and dirt against the undercarriage and the wheel covers. You will hear that at the end of this video:

The thrust reverser was the loudest part of the whole flight and I wonder what happend, maybe the speed went too low and the turbine was sucking in small stones and dirt off the runway and throwing small debris against the wings.
That was so loud that everyone was joking around when the reversers were shut off.

Sorry they did not let me into the cockpit.
No videos from there.
Maybe next time when I declare “I have the Fenix.” - “Ah I see, very well, here, have a seat!” while the copilot is leaving the cockpit, the head bowed to the floor with respect, is the ideal greeting for every passenger who owns the Fenix.
Because when fully patched that Fenix Airbus will probably be better and more detailed than the original Airbus simulators various airlines have in use…

1 Like

UPDATE: I asked BSS https://blueskystar.net/ if they are planning a soundset for Fenix A320 and they said yes, probably they will make one!!! Good news.

1 Like

Talked also to FENIX today: they are planning a big sound update!!! Great to hear.

1 Like

Oh wow, this is definitely a great time to be alive as FS enthusiast.

BSS sound for ToLiss A321s made a real A320 pilot friend of mine immediately remarked “my airline’s 6-axis simulator doesn’t even sound this good!”

1 Like

Hm I think the Fenix Airbus has one of the best sound sets every released. The turbines are powerful and realistic loud from the outside just like it should be for turbines in use since the late eighties, great buzzsaw sound when the N1 fan tips reach Mach 1. Good roar when panning the camera behind the airplane.

With engine volume of 60 or 75 there is still an awesome epic loud roar on the outside, but a rather silent and pleasant atmosphere in the cockpit.

Now with having the Fenix I cannot find anything that could be enhanced sound-wise.

The only thing I have enhanced a little bit is the thrust reverser volume with FSRealistic, the thrust reverser sound can almost not be heard in the cockpit while in real it´s very loud.

There are some things which could be improved

In yesterday’s update, Fenix also released a new sound package. And I have to say, it is a MAJOR IMPROVEMENT! Now I really feel like in an A320 cockpit. Good work!

2 Likes

But they toned down the tremendous roar and the deep-bass thundering of the CFM56 turbines when looking at the plane from the outside view to almost nothingness…

I am scripting for hours this afternoon to bring the original outside camera view soundfile set back…

Me too I tried to modify the sound package but to no avail, it is a PCK file and has to be reverse engineered, I don’t have so much time.

Yes you are right, some things are worse than before although in total, I like the new soundset more. But there are things that can be improved, definietely!