Fenix A320: how to increase / decrease thrust with keyboard?

Hi,

I have already assigned “increase (small)” to the F3 key.

But the problem is, there is not “DEcrease (small)” in MSFS. So if I press F2, the thrust is immediately reduced to idle / reverse!

So how can I map a decrease thrust key (F2) correctly?

Thanks!

Moved to #third-party-addon-discussion:aircraft which is more appropriate :+1:

With all respect, this is not an aircraft to be flying with the keyboard.

1 Like

Hey mate. If i were you, i would buy the Thrustmaster Hotas X. Its both joystick and throttle, and is a very affordable, and solid entry level hotas. Its not the best out there, but its absolutely worth every penny. I had it myself as my first flight stick back in the day, and it never let me down. In my country the retail price atm is cheaper than the Fenix A320, so i think you really should consider it. Flight simulator is getting soooo much more immersive with a joystick and throttle.

Here is a direct link, if your not sure what im talking about: https://www.thrustmaster.com/en-gb/products/t-flight-hotas-x/

I have flown flight simulator for 20 years, many Airbusses and Boeings.

I have always managed thrust by keyboard because I like it.

I don’t see why this basic functionality is not implemented.

I don’t want some crazy joystick on my desk. I just want to use my gamepad and the keyboard.

Even every low quality add-on manged to implement thrust by keyboard. Even the Jardesign A320 for XP. Why is Fenix not able to implement this?

3 Likes

what are you using for your F2 key.
I mean which option have you bound to it.

It seems to be the wrong one if it sets thrust to idle.

I think today’s update should fix this because they said is gonna support the gamepad with the rudder and thrust so i guess also gonna work on the keyboard ,I also play with Xbox controller and for now is unflyable due i cant even taxi

1 Like

Good to hear!

I have found a workaround:

• F2: decrease thrust
  • F3: increase thrust
  • 2: increase thrust (small)
  • F1: idle

So what you can do is use F1 for idle and then press 2 several times to get the desired thrust. I know it is a bit strange, but as a workaround ok for me.

1 Like

strange there is decreae throttle small in chengelog but there is none in sim options

1 Like

@BBNOne : yes I noticed that too, it is an MSFS bug. The assignment is not displayed in the controls menu although it should

1 Like

so, how can i set that function to my keyboard? :rofl:

I would like to know that too :joy:

At the moment you can´t, except with external programs like axis and ohs. ii is a bug in the simulator. the function is still there but dosnt show in the bindings list.

the problem right now is that there is no decrease Throttle (small) there is only Increase Throttle (small) on controls settings so for the decrease is a pain cause you only can switch idle cl toga , but I don’t get why with other aircraft just the normal Increase and decrease Throttle works well with small increases, let’s hope is fixed on next update at least now is flyable after the taxi rudder fix

Why not its one of the simplest aircraft in terms of throttle management on flight sim. using a quadrant only gives the immersive effects but no better in terms of control. im the same, i use a flight stick but dont have a throttle for my right hand it works fine for airbus

Guys, this issue has been fixed!!!

I could not believe it myself, but there is a new option in the SIM SETTINGS which is called “INCREMENTAL THRUST HANDLING”. I had not seen this option for two months because I never went into this menu.

If the option is ON, you can increase/decrease the thrust with F3/F2 as you would in the other aircraft.

See here for the configuration page: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

If you read their changelogs you would know they fixed it in the first update :wink: I still have some objections though. The levers movement is not as smooth as I remember it from FBW A32NX and sometimes it’s difficult to hit the detents when in the incremental mode.