Fenix A320 vs FlyByWire A320

Yes it can, and it will! That’s the goal of the project overa.

I see you mention Fenix sounds in the cockpit are better than FBW - what sounds specifically? I can take a look and improve things if you let me know the specific ones.

What?
ceo = current engine option, A320s with CFM56 and IAE engines.
neo = new engine option, A320s with CFM LEAP and PW engines

The engine sound and perhaps a little bit wheel, movement sound. Please don’t get me wrong, the FBW sound is generally very very good and as I said, in the passenger cabin area FBW seems more realistic than Fenix so you guys have done a great job and it has been improving over time a lot.

The Neo’s engine sound is different, because, err… the Neo’s engines are different :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have just read the T&C conditions. It is clear the software must not be used for commercial purposes.
Section 6.3 indicates there are some limitations in connectivity to cockpit replication hardware. And 6.4 indicates it must not be used in home cockpits.
So I assume 6.4 is because of limitations in hardware connectivity? Because if the home cokpit is for personal use I do not understand the reason to limit this use.

1 Like

Thanks. Then, it is possible some kind of connectivity to external devices.

I agree, its very ambiguous. I want this SIM for everyone VR, Multiscreen, cockpit builders, more available aircraft for Xbox simmers.

All I want at the moment is weather radar.

Prosim makes money selling theit $1500 package to some home cockpit builders (obviously the more high end ones.) I guess they don’t want to put that business at risk.

I purchased the Fenix A320 and believe me, this aircraft has many bugs. If you are to ask me should I purchase the Fenix A320 now, I say not to. The FBW A32N is very stable compared to the Fenix. Even the sounds are wrong in my opinion. Fenix released this airbus to early imo.

Can you please list out these bugs?

The wheel movement sound I can take a look, but we use a great variety of ground roll samples from the 320, and so far the reception of it has been really positive. Maybe that part is more subjective. In Fenix the ground roll is pretty quiet and I didn’t find it too special in my opinion.

As for the engines - they are COMPLETELY different engines on the Fenix vs FBE. Fenix has CFM56 while FBW has CFM LEAP. So they will not sound remotely close.

2 Likes

I haven’t noticed any bugs

1 Like

That makes sense! I guess it just sounds pretty impressive in Fenix’s cockpit because of the older engine sound. I have always been impressed with how good you have made FBW sound so my intention wasn’t to say that FBW hasn’t done a good job. You have done an awesome job. Btw have you guys modeled the turbulence sound? I noticed it in Fenix but perhaps because it’s quieter in the passenger cockpit.

The biggest bug I found is from a Dark Cold start Engine #2 would only go to 17%, never go up to 19% and “AVAILABLE”. If I let the aircraft auto startup start both engines at load it worked fine. I could never get it to start beyond that for some reason. Could be a joystick issue. That’s only one of many issues I’ve had with the Fenix, like with the bugs I found in the FMGS MCDU, but I could careless about those bugs if I can’t get both engines to start. I’m not going to list out all the issues, but I’m sure it will get better over time. I will give Fenix 2 thumbs up on the modeling, especially the cockpit, very nice.

It would help everyone if you made a list and posted it on the discord. If you don’t, some bugs may never get fixed.

1 Like

“Will” and “Target” not euqal “now”

But fenix is now

It wokrs well for me

This is not mistake of fenix

It is yours configuration

“I find many error but I can not list it”

LOL

Laugh all you want. You do Dark Cold starts the issues begin. My recommendations don’t consider your inexperience with auto-starting the A320 into account. This aircraft is not prime time. Yet! It will be I’m sure or I wouldn’t have purchased the plane. There are a lot of things I do like, but reading many of the threads, I’m not alone with the issues occurring with this aircraft. I don’t have these issues with the FBW aircraft or the new PMDG 737. Both those aircraft work as designed

You have time to give recomomendation but dont have to list your “issues”. Stop grumble and find solution from discourd or ticket, or even in this forum.

By the way, I think most of your issues are not fenix’s issues.