Fenix A320 vs FlyByWire A320

I’ve given the “BIG” issue. If you can’t read that’s not my problem. I didn’t purchase this aircraft to be a BETA tester. You go report the issue in discord. I will not be doing that! And as a software programmer for 28 years, BTW you haven’t a clue what I know! Not to mention I have zero issues with PMDG or FBW. My issue you say? I think Not!

1 Like

Right, thanks a lot! My intention is to make the best 320 sounds possible. As for the turbulence it’s not yet implemented but I can do it soon.

3 Likes

I don’t have this bug, my engine starts work fine

1 Like

It seems you have a hardware issue, not a Fenix issue.
Done 6 flights so far, no problem.
Only minor complaint is that the lights (sometimes) are a bit dim.

The biggest plus for the PMDG are the countless options and customizations of the cockpit. HUD or no HUD, eyebrow windows (or none), and the MOST IMPORTANT feature: The PMDG has a freight plane option!

But the Fenix Airbus has a more beautyful looking clean and visual-graphics-bug-free cockpit, way more intense systems depth (like all circuit breakers functional, and countless intern aircraft systems simulated inside a simulation: like hydraulics pneumatics electrics and more). And no you won´t get any of that in the FBW :wink: all people are comparing the Fenix with the FBW and write “pff… I don´t see a reason to buy the Fenix because I can have the FBW” :wink:

Some people just aren’t in to the A320 that much overall to actually care for a creme de la creme version like FENIX. The vanilla A320 or FBW does just fine for them.

3 Likes

Could you possibly make the no smoking and fast seat belt sign bell a little louder? I think it’s really very quiet. Now I don’t know if it’s quiet in the cockpit. But for effect it would be nicer to hear them louder. Would that be possible???

I bought the Fenix A320 on day one, had to reconfigure the peripherals and then done three flights.
All very well, no problem.
Super happy to have bought the Fenix A320 although I have to say that the guys from the FBW team did a huge job, but from now on the FBW A320 will remain in the hangar.

I too have flown the FBW A320 a fair bit and although the Fenix is my Airbus of choice at the moment, I’ll still be keeping an eye on the former’s development and I have no doubt that I’ll be taking it out again at some point in the future.

On that note, I have recently received an email informing me that a major update of the FF A320 Ultimate, on XP11, has been released, so I’ll probably be giving that another go too.

I just wish i had more time to fly. :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t we all…

2 Likes

How do you enable VNAV in the Fenix A320 ? In other planes there is a VNAV button but no such thing in the A320. Do you just click the managed descent button when the top of descent is reached ? If so what does the top of descent marker look like ? I’ve not seen anything saying TOD etc

might help with the second bit of your question.

To start a managed descent, simply set your target altitude, obviously below your current altitude, and push the altitude selector knob. Pushing the knob will have the descent follow all speed and altitude constraints, whereas pulling the knob will initiate an open descent, which would not.

1 Like

After a few days I would say the Fenix is definitely another level of detail and realism, the full cabin, sub visors, manual gear down lever etc. also the more releastic (slower responding) hand fly flight model.

But at the same time I have to say I have full confidence the FBW will get there in a year or so. When I first transition to the Fenix I just used my Knowledge on the FBW and hey, I start up and fly without any problem at all. The Fenix forces you on more procedures but FBW is definitely very close

How do you Arm DES to make it blue?

EDIT: Ohh my bad, it does arm when the descent is going through a constraint… I thought that we can arm it at Top of Descent.

Hi all
When I go inside the fenix and I turn on the batteries from cold and dark the cockpit is quiet. as expected.

but when I turn on the external power there is humming noise as though the external gpu noise is coming inside. the odd thing is if I go outside there is pin drop silence.

here is a 2 min video to show what I am seeing.

Hope some one can tell me what I am missing here…

That’s a pretty normal sound, no? even in the FBW A32NX it’s the same fan noise inside the cockpit when the external power is turned on. It will usually go off when you have started the APU, and turn off the external power.

Hmm. For some reason I have not noticed it in FBW 320NX. Will check it. tx

here’s the startup sound in my A32NX yesterday. The wind/fan sound starts after my F/O switches on the External Power. It’s a common noise, it’s always been like that. And I remember 320SimPilot was praising how accurate that noise is when the external power is switched on.

wow. that is very clear. Wonder I have not noticed at all. This is the very first thing I noticed when I went into FENIX. will check. Thank you

Here is the comparison FBW with FENIX. F is much louder.
This is with the same sound settings everywhere. MSFS 2020 and windows.
Fenix version is at 2:10 and on

Thank you