First thing I noticed after being away for a year

You asked for the look as it was in SU4 for high end systems. That’s not really feasible since the engine has been reworked and now will have to be adjusted to get back closer for ultra as it was before SU5.
It’s not just the flick of a switch.

All games allow you to adjust the video settings (some down to extremely specific settings)…except…Asobo. There’s no way to fix the draw distance unless you hack the app. That’s ridiculous.

As i explained, the intention was about LoD ranges, which is still very much possible via cfg tweak and doesn’t need a seperate engine lol.

I’m done here. Tried to give a balanced opinion but see that there’s no common ground for it.

1 Like

it was introduced with the new update.

Thanks for answer, when i fly straight in New York i have about 40-45 FPS in New York (with 6000 terrain and building LOD in config file), but when i try to move camera the slide show begins.

Before the update many of us (even on higher-end systems) had issues with stutters even without moving the camera.

Check out this thread, it was the highest voted one (unfortunately you can’t see the vote number anymore):

You say it is degraded. So you know what it CAN do.
The next big port is to DX12.
Etc. etc. etc.

Today is just today. It’s always about tomorrow.
Always remember the crying we were doing a few years ago.
Keep the faith.

Thats because they are limiting the amount of Memory being used to what is similar to the Xbox version.

Before you would save the area around you in system memory, meaning it wouldnt have to completely redraw the scene. Now it culls the areas you don’t look at, saving memory useage, and possibly also lowering CPU and/or GPU draw.

The game did stutter before, and i will say the game is now smoother when looking forward, once you pan the camera or look out the window its a different story though. especially on higher draw distances the game stutters more when panning than before since it has to completely redraw from scratch.

I’ve had the good fortune of being on a Dell, mid-end system with an RX 580.
From this perspective it’s glorious.

I can run at Ultra now with no problems and I have not even gone into config to tweak LODs. It’s a bit of bliss.

Looking forward to a new sys with RTX for DX12

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.