First thoughts on sim update 5

I just tested the 787 and autobrake works. Except it disengages from RTO if you brake during taxi. You can’t set STD baro anymore though.

1 Like

i´m pretty sure they did both

Yeah I’ve seen it mentioned elsewhere. This is a first look for me, after quite an update debacle. About to load it again and try, but from what I saw, it was similar to low or medium quality for me when set to ultra.

1 Like

Am I the only one who cannot adjust the speed of the drone camera?

1 Like

Not flight model. That stays modern. Legacy in Cockpit Interaction.

Thanks for testing that mate, so i keep getting ATC telling me to get to FL300 now as I cant set to STANDARD though ? Anyway round that ?

Being able to fly VR today without any CTDs on my all AMD rig and a G2 headset is, pardon the expression, a game changer (as is having cataract surgery and not having to wear glasses…it’s like having two new eyeballs, lol).

In 2D the framerate increase for me has been massive, so much so that I truly think I’m getting the most out of my rig at last. All ultra @1440p, Vsync on @60fps and forget about it. The lack of micro stutters is SO MUCH better for immersion and enjoyment.

The pop up scenery not so much with TrackIR or VR, but meh, at least I’m playing again.

Thanks Asobo. :grinning:

Ryzen 5600X
AMD 6800XT
32GB ram

1 Like

Set it to 29.92 and you are fine.

1 Like

This sim was amazing. A few stutters here and there but overall i loved it.
So last night I started to install the latest update and went to bed. This morning I got up, adjusted a few things in the menus and made a 20 minute flight from RAF Valley and had a look at the welsh mountains, and wow!
No stutters at all, it ran as smooth as silk on very high settings. And not only that but the graphics just looks better somehow. More crisp, and even under a thick overcast sky the ground was not so ‘dreary’ looking.
I even noticed that now, when I lower my undercarriage in the Beach Baron I even get the sound of the slipstream passing over the lowered undercarriage.
An amazing flight sim just got even better!
Thanks Asobo, your the best. :blush:

Oh that mouse look bug only applies in a cockpit, not external view :thinking:

Got an improvement of 8 frames from 12 to 20… but jagged coastline everywhere in Sydney and selecting FBW A32NX results in CTD. System is GTX780M I7 4th gen 32gig ram.

Is that the masobo’s handcrafted or a third party YSSY ? looking pretty unfortunate.

Finally got everything downloaded and did one flight.

The flight planning menu’s map is so fuzzy I can’t make out a single detail anywhere. Half the time the menu starts flickering, freezes and then CTDs.

FPS does have a major boost, but it halves the moment I start to move the camera which I do a lot. Still acceptable though. CTD again when leaving the flight.

Asobo’s own items like taxi signs pop in at the last moment. My own additions seem fine.

Still not seeing landscape pops ins in rural areas at least.

I’ll give it a couple of days to settle down. If the CTDs keep coming at this rate, and the relevant stuff is turned off, then I’ll find other things to play with unless there’s a fix.

1 Like

For those with the smoke issue be sure to update the We Love VFR addon.

1 Like

So it gets to the splash screen right before being the runway (or parking, tried both) and it just sits there…for 40+ minutes …nothing…just sits there on this screen… blue bar maxed out …picture of some mountain range or a desert…WTH.
Followed ALL the recomendations. Its running my GPU 98% the whole time too. for a picture.

I’m not impressed with update obviously

2 Likes

I m on my 8th download after wiping windows are doing a clean install. what a joke.

6 out of 9 attempts resulted in CTD especially in big cities… GPU must be overloaded now… no stutters… yeah…replaced by CTD. What nonsense asobo.

2 Likes

Turn off AI aircraft

Standard Asobo airport and city. No add-ons in community folder.

Getting a lot of CTD’s now and the LOD/pop-ins are pretty bad. Hard not to be disappointed with the route they’ve taken. Visual fidelity should only get higher with patches, not lower…

2 Likes