First time back in a few months and shockingly bad!?

No need for a flag on this. I’m not offended in the slightest. I’m not sure about you, but I haven’t bought a game in the last several years that wasn’t patched and updated multiple times to fix bugs, glitches, and/or exploits. That is how gaming is in 2022.

I’m no shill for MS/Asobo. I’m a 40+ yr old banker by trade whose first deep dive into PC gaming was this sim(I’ve been playing almost as long as you). I’m simply stating that one’s first instinct should possibly be to look for solutions instead of complaining. I doubt the problems you say you’re having were solved by it. It’s not always fun and can admittedly be frustrating and time consuming, but there’s help. The sim works for many of us. We’d gladly help you get things running right.

5 Likes

Sorry Im not having a go at you per se, I just think MSoft/Asobo need to work a bit harder on the key aspects. My background is in dealing with customers with software and you would be surprised at the effect of poor communication and lack of response does to a product.

I dont mind, AT TIMES, having to do the odd tweak, but especially since the turn of the year and specifically from Australia update and every subsequent Sim update or world update, Ive never known such fluctuation in a games performance. Its June now Iand I think ive flown about two weeks worth if that since Christmas. The rest of the time im either reinstalling, checking stuff, testing stuff, experimenting with different settings, workarounds you name it.

It just isnt fun.

1 Like

Oh and has anyones particle effects been removed? I no longer have snow, dust or grass effects when taking off or landing.

Yes, traffic is really bad optimised. And photogrammetry. I have all of the traffic turned off/0. Also photgrammetry turned off until they fix those.

Out of interest what do things look like with no PG?

The buildings are not as they are in real life. It’s blackshark AI instead. But those buildings are in much better detail with longer drawdistance. PG buildings look melted in the distance those blacksharkbuildings are not. Thats why i think PG is unoptimised.

Think I’m going to switch it off as well and see if it gives me any extra stability. It’s a bit of joke the hoops we have to jump through to get this thing running ok

2 Likes

Agree, i think the pg has gotten worse when they has added new pg locations. The blackshark buildings is much the same types. And it seems they not updating those anymore. I want more updated blackshark buildings too. In the beginning every single world update had new types of buildings.

yes the PG cities have been really poor for me for a while now. London is a mess for example when it used to look fantastic.

3 Likes

Yes, if you fly airliners i would suggest using pg off. When flying low and slow maybe pg on. I don’t really know. Both PG buildings and blackshark buildings has their advantages.

Just checked …

KORD
PMDG 737.

i7-8700k
RTX 3060 Ti
48 GB

Sitting at the gate I get 38 FPS with Photogrammetry On and 48 FPS with Photogrammetry Off.

That’s at 1080p though.

Well it’s certainly worth a try at this point

Yes, PG is not worth the drop in FPS for me. But some maybe like them so much and can give PG that much of FPS. The drawdistance is really good without pg too. We can also increase t-lod when PG is off that increase draw distance even more.

When you at it. try set everything in traffic to off as well.

Like this.

Those 2 things is the most FPS reducing things in the sim. Needs to get an optimising/overhaul without decreasing quality.

1 Like

Yeah, traffic eats another 5-10 FPS, basically just for some blinking lights in the distance. :wink:

1 Like

But the environment feels really empty without. It’s needed to create a more live experience. But photogrammetry and traffic is not worth it for me as it is now. The traffic behaving strange.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s unfortunate. But I rather have smooth emptiness than stuttery life. :wink: Also, I’m not fond of having to go around 3 times in a row, because ATC doesn’t get it together.

1 Like

Yes, i 100% agree.

Lol, yes the AI is so dumb too.

I hope they optimise them and make them smarter at the same time :slight_smile: In the meantime i wait i’m using a smooth flight experience.

I think you will notice how smooth your flight will be from start to finish now with those things turned off.

Somthing indeed changed w this last update performance wise.
Before the patch i tinkered endlessly around Orlando Intl to get the look/fps just right to where your cpu/gpu toss the load back and forth constantly. It was then butter everywhere just about. Now im getting low ish fps over forested mtns for christ sake with constant and i mean cooonnnstant stuttering. Makes no sense.
Fwiw ultra/high mix - res at 140% to force load on the gpu and 115 lod settings. I mean it was perfect. Now its a joke.
All mods/community files removed and in the Stearman for example…

6700xt/5700x/32gb ram on m2 ssd

\o/

This really is getting old. One patch great, next patch caca and on and on it goes

Agree, but to me the things that made my sim unstable is traffic and pg. After i turned those off all of the other settings makes sense again. I agree, they need to fix those things ASAP.

I use simple traffic and keep it at 30% and airports look great