First time back in a few months and shockingly bad!?

Absolutely. I would much, much rather run at 40fps with higher tlod than 60fps. This is why I am worried about them doing more “optimisation” because I think it will reduce the graphics, and then we don’t have a choice about where the performance/graphics balance is for us, and our graphics will be reduced even if we don’t want more performance. Much better to let the user decide.

1 Like

My sim looks better than that too, its just a rough print screen image, 50% reduction in resolution too so not an example of what my sim looks like. The only thing that Perrry should be taking note of is the fact that the graph on the right shows that the frame rate is fine for LOD100 with PG on with a screen resolution of 3840x1200.

2 Likes

But can you show unlimited fps and compare it with pg off near ground as i had?

They have to work on optimization because the way they have been patching these last two years adds bloat.

The update last year before the GOTY edition and this year’s SU10 seem to be ones that will help optimize.

That may not be what the folks with the top 10% PCs want, but it is what everyone else and (especially) console owners need.

I don’t foresee any major graphical regressions now that the sim is out on both systems. But the year of patching since the GOTY release has definitely slowed performance in the process. Noticeably. On virtually all systems.

No, I dont chase silly frame rate figures, that’s doomed to fail that sort of approach. You should run your frame rate at some sensible fraction of your screens native refresh rate. My screen has a maximum refresh rate of 120FPS so I run at 30FPS which is fast enough to give me a smooth experience and slow enough to give the system enough time to render all the detail. And no to near the ground too, that’s not a realistic way to fly and another example of pushing the sim beyond its expected usage norms. Do you really think PG is meant to be seen low down?

1 Like

Unless in VR, 30 FPS is still optimal for even high end PCs flying MSFS.

Hopefully we will get that up to 60 eventually but for now, 60 will just invite occasional and noticeable stutters even on the best systems.

1 Like

Might not work for everyone, i cleared my community folder but marketplace add-ons dont show in the community folder. I purchased an airport (3rd party dev) from the msfs marketplace back in 2021. I went in-game and removed this - along with every aircraft and scenery pack, bush trips, airports, and world updates. Ended up clearing over 10gb worth of things i have no intention of using. I took these steps as i had tried everything else to solve low performance. I now have every flight smooth - and thats in the a32nx in VR with most things on ultra. I also noticed after a recent oculus update that it reset to maximum quality rather than max performance so i changed this too. I7-10700/3070/16gb.

1 Like

But most of the people complaining about bad performance near ground. I fly mostly airliners.

Yes, addons can reduce performance much. I removed many liveries that caused bad performance for me.

And yet, I have similar specs and noticed the performance is amazing lately.

1 Like

The sim loads way quicker too, i didnt realise how much was in content manager that i had downloaded. There was a random airstrip in the middle of a desert that used 1gb, and yet everyone always talks about the community folder - look at the content manager too !

I think if you took a look at lots of videos of real flights taken from cockpits you would be surprised how rare it is to see things at distance clearly. Things mostly dont look pin sharp as far as the eye can see at all, haze and pollution, even humidity in the air make distant objects look soft or worse. This is realism and its why I dont worry about the far off textures looking a bit out of focus. the world often looks like that anyway.

My wife's FIRST helicopter flight and I'm her pilot | Passenger Flying | Cabri G2 - YouTube

2 Likes

The sim looks better than reality :wink:

Whilst I agree with you to some extent, yes you can’t see detail, but it is far from the blurry flat wasteland you get in the sim beyond the TLOD setting.

2 Likes

Why not make multiple community folders with select groups of scenery and airplane
Call them somewhat like community-01, -02, -03 or so and when using one of these rename them to just Community, and when finished rename it back to community-01 or so.
Then you also dont have to rename or move it when mandatory updates are released

Those dust pullution and visibility and things we should request them add from Meteoblue. I thought those things we should get as improvements in weather. Not that METAR thing that destroyed weather for me.

This was also meant to for you too @anon69344611 :slight_smile:

Well, i agree to me t-lod is not important to me either as long as i get a smooth flight. I tweak settings to fly smooth from start to finish. I sometimes activate PG when flying low and slow and change settings to be able to do that. If i fly airliners PG doesn’t matter that much to me and i set t-lod higher instead :slight_smile:

I hope Asobo find the cause of performance issue many complains about. I hope they fix it without need to decrease quality. Because that will make those enjoy it now complain about graphic downgrades instead.

2 Likes

Just use addon linker

1 Like

The particle effects are definitely there. I just had a rough landing in Seoul. Lots of ‘particles’ flew up from me coming in super hot.

Wasteland is not quite how I wouild describe it, flat sure. I can make out fields, trees etc on the textures though. No they are not as sharp as I would like but that’s my compromise. I think we all have to compromise on something to make the sim smooth. I hope when DX12 is nailed down and DLSS is working we will see improvement. I get that you hate blur, for me flicker is what really irritates, I detest it with a passion. DLSS is my hope for a cure for that immersion killing anomaly.

2 Likes

Well… I always love all these contrasting experiences :sweat_smile: