Fix for package builder

this was not made by me, i found that on the aerosar discord server and it worked for me:
1: Delete Package Folder (Not PackageSource)
2: Open MSFS
3: Open Project
4: Build Package
5: Open Project Again.
6: Delete & Re-Add Marketplace Data
7: Save Project
8: Close MSFS
9: Copy MSFSLayoutGenerator.exe into your Package Folder
10: Drag Layout.json on top of the MSFSLayoutGenerator.exe
11: Open MSFS
12: Open Project

NOTE: You have to do steps 1-4 and 8-12 every time you delete your Package Folder.

NOTE: If you make changes and re-build your package and MSFS crashes, do steps 10-12 again.

If this doesn’t work let me know, it worked for two of my projects so far. Rumor is a main piece of code in the MarketplaceData.json changed to incorporate future Xbox use.
Download MSFSLayoutGenerator: MSFSLayoutGenerator.exe - Google Drive

2 Likes

this doesn’t mean resyncing doesn’t make the game crash

why 3rd party devs does not have access to beta version of each update? that is pretty obvious requirement for every software peace with open SDK.

some devs have it

Then why was it missed? Now almost all developers who are faced with the problem incur losses. Doesn’t the Studio understand this? Almost two days of development were lost and it is not known how long this will continue. I have not yet been able to put together my project even according to all the recommendations.

i know, this is not ok

1 Like

I was able to get this to work but… this is a big deal.

Asobo…you are ruining your platform… Stop. Now. Please.

1 Like

i literally cannot work anymore.

My workflow has increased by a 10 minute sim reload for what used to be 30 seconds… and now many things won’t even be possible without carefully reloading…

I am working out a strategy to continue but for the most part developing for this game is going to be at a standstill. We need a solution. If Asobo can’t solve it they need to explain what they know and we will reverse engineer a solution if possible.

i cannot work because i’m stuck on something that would take me 20 seconds to do, just a quick resync to have my instrument reload and see what the issue is in the console, but i cannot, because the sim crashes.
This is so annoying given that i have 3 new devs, waiting for stuffs to do, and i’m here like an idiot with an unusable plane

Have exactly the same issue. Would like to hear something from asobo staff regarding

Finally something material popping out during a crash.
Got this error message after last attempt to resync.

Untitled

Try like this SDK broken or crappy new process

Still crash at resync

So we expect the next step from the creators of the problem.

Hi developers!

Not sure my fault is the one folks are discussing in this thread but here’s a screenshot from a failure message that causes my SDK/ dev mode to crash.

I can neither close any window in MSFS nor quit the dev mode. I have to restart the entire sim. Latest SDK v0.12.0.0 is installed.

From the thread starter’s work around procedure I can not complete step 4.

Which “Package folder” is meant to be deleted in step 1? I figured out the “PackageSources” folder not to delete. But not the one that should get deleted acc to step 1.

I also tried to open the simpleairport sample project. But this one fails to work too as soon as I want to save it.

There’s no documentation for the new airport wizzard that has been introduced with the latest SDK update.

I can’t do the simpleairport tutorial following each and every line in the tutorial as documentation and SDK version don’t match.

Another thing that makes this sim a big frustration for me. Days on youtube and the forum and not a single runway built.

I wasn’t able to get an aerial image into the sim just to try a draw a runway on top of it.

Worked myself into Blender, got the MSFS Export tool installed and working, managed to grab Google Earth tiles to be imported into Blender. Got the buildings and topography data too. But when it comes to load the stuff into the sim everything fails because I can’t open a new project or create a project folder myself that I just have to open in the sim.

This must be the worst documentation for a SDK ever. I am new to this but I’m not stupid. I can read. I am patient. But now I really do get frustrated. I thought I could build some scenery if flying is not that great with the sim in development. Now that doesn’t work either…

it’s fixed for me