Fix SimConnect CameraSetRelative6DOF

Hi, I tried to use the SimConnect api to control the cockpit and external camera by calling the SimConnect_CameraSetRelative6DOF function on the Frame system event.

There was no visible response in the simulator. I did however see that the camera used before starting a flight, where you see the surrounding of your plane, is responding to the calls.

Then I noticed in the SDK documentation, that the function status is marked “No error, no response”.

When will this be fixed?

1 Like

Next week’s patch will contain a fix for SimConnect stuttering. One can only hope that this is adressed at the same time. No confirmation unfortunately.

There is no fix to camera events, and they are all still ignored.

1 Like

Not listed in Known Issues either. Hope this will be picked up soon.

Apparently it was not. Please fix this.

I am also looking for a working API SimConnect_CameraSetRelative6DOF function call. Please fix it and let us know when it will be released. Thanks in advance …

1 Like

Unfortunately no progress for the SimConnect_CameraSetRelative6DOF API with SDK version 6.0 …

I’m also interested in knowing when this is going to be working.

Asobo, please add (or open and document) the Camera 6DOF functions to the SDK. That’s the only way EZDOK people can start developing the camera/viewpoint functions.

1 Like

+1 to add to the SDK the “Camera6DOF” so that Chaseplane and EZDOK people can start developing the camera/viewpoint functions.

Imagine all you can do with that possibility!

1 Like

Hi @AsoboPM !

Any news for this camera6dof support ? Vars and functions ?

You guys should vote this one up:

Interesting thing I found:

I seem to have found a way to activate a “hidden” 6DOF camera by using the latest version of Opentrack and its “Microsoft FSX SimConnect” output option (not Freetrack or TrackIR) set to “Prepar3d / SP2 XPACK”.

This camera has the following huge pros:

• Fully movable in X, Y, Z, Pitch, Roll, Yaw
  • Locked to airframe - does not move or rotate “naturally” like the cockpit camera does

But, unfortunately, it also has the following massive cons:

• Multiple effects passes don’t seem to be applied when using it-- TAA only shows the “convolution” (or whatever it’s called) pass, not any of the later combination stages, so the entire view shakes around by a few pixels. Realtime reflections also seem to be absent or broken, SSAO is very grainy, middle shadows are weird, etc
  • Whenever Opentrack is switched on, I can’t seem to switch out of this 6DOF camera; pressing End or Insert briefly flashes the other view, but it doesn’t stay in that view.

I don’t know how you would control this from an external program like you would want to, but clearly Opentrack is doing it, so there must be a way.