Support for Tobii Eyetrack

i would really like to use tobii 5 in msfs2020

2 Likes

I would also really like to use tobii 5 in msfs2020… DONT FORGET TO VOTE at the top of this thread.

2 Likes

Decent integration would be lovely.

Its not as niche as you would first think, tobii support is in quite a few big titles - especially from ubisoft for example.

It would work so well in Microsoft Flight Simulator, its just a much more refined experience compared to TrackIR, (plus its actually being actively developed and improved, unlike TrackIR).

4 Likes

Tobii native support. Yes Please i could Pay for that extra!!

3 Likes

I have generation 5 and really wish to see Tobii native support very soon.

Don’t forget to click the vote button guys at the top of this thread

1 Like

Humbling to see so many wanting the Eye Tracker 5 to work in fs2020. It might be worth giving this thread some love as well as its blocking us from supporting the game through Tobii Gamehub, our companion app.

The latest developer update did unfortunately not mention any fixes to help in this direction. We need to stay tight and make use of our votes!

3 Likes

Just received my Tobii 5, and with Elite Dangerous it’s night and day compared to TrackIR 5. It feels to much more natural (albeit there are still range of motion limitations especially on a large screen in a sim rig).

Is there a reason why, as a start, Tobii couldn’t release a plugin for OpenTrack, which would allow this to work?

1 Like

Just bought Tobii 5 because I saw Microsoft Flight Sim in the supported games list. I just missed the X behind the name title. Please make this happen!

Keeping a close lookout for the known issues list. Practising patience.

Yes! I bougt 4C couple months and its a great tracking device. It could be nice fun to fly with Tobii. Please make this happen!

1 Like

I hope, if they do decide to support tobii, that it’s not just for 5, but 4C as well!

3 Likes

learning from https://www.flightsimulator.com/september-17th-2020-development-update/
it seams the Dev team prio’s its tasks by votes…
So to be in the on schedueld list we would need around 170 votes to be in sight.

3 Likes

Keep sharing the link to this post and asking everyone to vote for it we will make it happen…

vote vote vote …

We still not in the plans of Asobo and MS2020 dev team.

Guys keep sharing the post and asking the people to vote so they will take us request soon.

share… vote…vote… share.

the top wishlist does not mean “we’re only working on this”, it’s just a list of most voted stuff. But yeah, 286 likes, 93 votes, not even one post acknowledging this is an issue. Sigh.

Absolutely, eventually few time from now they will implement VR track ir and eye tracking in to the simulator but we can try to shorting the times let them know that are 286 player that want this soon better that later…

Voted…

I dont have Tobii eyetracker yet, but i’m considering getting one - if it gets native support.

2 Likes

In mid-2017 I bought a Tobii Eye Tracker 4C and returned it 14 days later. I did not like it and I still prefer my TrackIR5. But I still wish that all Tobii users can use their Eye Tracker. TrackIR works as well, so this should also apply to Tobii. You have my vote. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

+1 for support for Tobii. It’s so much better than TrackIR, no need for cables and gizmos attached to the head.

I was able to make it work with Tobii 5, which has much better head tracking than Tobii 4C, but it required some fiddling in FacetrackNoIR… Would love to have proper out of the box support.

3 Likes

Please add support for the Tobii device as I would love not to have to wear a hat / headset.

3 Likes