Support for Tobii Eyetrack

Please, consider adding support for this niche tracking device. I have a 4C, a generation 5 is coming out soon too, it shouldn’t be too much work to enable it, should work on a similar principle as TrackIR.

Thanks!

33 Likes

I second that. I got the version 5 and I desperately waiting for native support. I know that the amount of users is low but I hope that it is not too much effort to program the support. There is hoping.

16 Likes

Drop a like on my post, maybe one by one we’ll get somewhere :joy:

15 Likes

I second this :eyes:

Jonas
Community Manager
Tobii Gaming

25 Likes

I Third this.

Noru
Community Mod
Tobii Gaming Discord
(Not affiliated with Tobii Gaming)

11 Likes

Likewise. More elegant than TrackIR, since the tracking points are your eyeballs. Please make this work for the half of the community that uses it. Not even sure I’d call it niche. It’s essential for non-VR gaming.

10 Likes

I would like to see this too.

7 Likes

Tobii support for MS Flight Simulator is a must have. I have version 5 and will wait patiently for its inclusion into the sim…but don’t take too long. :wink:

16 Likes

Hey!!! One more that would love to get this added to the simulator!!! Please!!!

6 Likes

I also would like MS to support this!

5 Likes

I’d like this too

5 Likes

Also request Tobii 5 support please, excellent kit…thankfully my FlightSim seat still has my TrackIR5 installed and that worked out the box no issues, I only currently use Tobii for my driving seat.

6 Likes

Keep it coming, let us be heard. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I can’t sadly use the eye tracker on my setup, the Tobii is obscured by my wheel so had to mount above my monitor, my only point was to say it makes a good head tracker as well, even if I can’t currently use the eye tracking annoyingly.

2 Likes

Another Tobii 5 user here, would love to have support!

5 Likes

Please add support for eye tracking

4 Likes

Tobii Eyetracker version 5 working here with MS Flight Simulator using a program called FaceTrackNoIR.
The 4c plugin from FaceTrackNoIR works perfect with the latest Tobii 5 hardware. Google FaceTrackNoIR from SourceForge. You will need to purchase the software but its really cheap. Download the following from there… FaceTrackNoIr v200, then click the black Tobii Plugin sign on the left and download “SetupFaceTrackNoIR_v201_Tobii4C.exe” then then the Plugin Pack v203 on the right. Install all three in the order above. When software is launched there are 3 drop down menus in the centre of screen - Tracker Source, Filter and Game Protocol. Tracker Source should be “Tobii4C Head&Eye Tracker” Filter should be “Accela Filter Mk2” and game protocol should read "FreeTrack 2.1. It can be a little finicky on setup, curves and shortcuts need to be set and don’t forget to press start either. With your Tobii turned on and FTNIR started the raw numbers should fluctuate, then launch game.
Full implementation from Microsoft would be better, but the above method works, gives you 6 DOF and is better than Track IR.
Hope this helps you, Cheers. :wink:

9 Likes

thanks for the heads up! I’ll fiddle with it for sure

3 Likes

FaceTrackNoIR works for me but not perfectly due to some Windows 10 weirdness on my side. But it does work, so I can recommend it too. Though it be nice to have native FS2020 support for Tobii.

2 Likes

Works ok. Still trying to get the curves right. A bit of stuttering is also still there.
Native support is the way to go.

2 Likes