Support for Tobii Eyetrack

Another Tobii user here who would like support added!

3 Likes

I also would like to see this! (If I ever get a device haha)

update: getting one!

3 Likes

Do you have a screenshot of your curves?
Also I get a bit of stuttering when looking around, tried the smoothness values but cannot get rid of it. Do you have some micostutters or maybe it’s just bad luck on my side.

1 Like

I got it working but have a question or two. One, it only does head tracking this way, right, not eye tracking in a traditional sense for games where it is incorporated. Two, I’m having an issue where I can’t look nearly as far right as left. Is this normal?

3 Likes

looking right or left might be a tracker problem, for example when I wear my glasses the tracker doesn’t let me see equally in all directions, check out the Tobii window that shows how far it sees your eyes, you’ll see if you’re not centered!

3 Likes

I too would love integrated support

TheOnlyDroid
Tobii’s Software VIP

6 Likes

I too, would want to be able to use my tobii et5 natively with fs2020, pretty please? wink wink

4 Likes

I would also really appreciate having native support for the Tobii Eye-Trackers in-game. I have built two own headtrackers but you always end up with something attached to your head (and potentially need to be wired to your PC). EyeTracking is a more elegant solution and games like EliteDangerous have implemented this fantastically.

7 Likes

Yes please. Support Tobii Eyetrack :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Please support native eye tracking! I have had both the 4C and now 5 from Tobii Eyetracking and they are vastly superior to other head tracking methods.

7 Likes

+1 to all above.

4 Likes

+1 Please add support for Tobii Eye Tracker 5! Waiting eagerly.

4 Likes

No stutters here. Set smoothing to 1.
Yaw input 20 and output 180 (mirrored)
Pitch Up input 40 and output 180
Pitch Down input 40 and output 90
Roll input 50 and output 50
X axis input 40 and output 40
Y axis input 25 and output 25
Z axis input 30 and output 30
Distance to your screen and size of your screen can be a factor. I am using a 34 inch widescreen at 3440 x 1440 with the settings above. Hope this helps :+1:

9 Likes

Thanks a lot, I got a 31,5 inch monitor, will try it out.

1 Like

If the SimConnect_CameraSetRelative6DOF function is fixed in the SimConnect api, then Tobii can do an integration from Tobii Game Hub via SimConnect.

3 Likes

Please add Tobii eye tracker support to the game.

I bought the hardware just for this flight simulator as I took it for granted to be supported in FS2020 since it was supported in FSX.

As many might know is Tobii the world leader in eye tracking with many hundreds of million devices sold yet (ref. to annual report 2019). That’s why it will for sure be beneficial to FS2020 if it can be used natively, as more people with the eye tracker will buy the game (or simply be happy to use it).

5 Likes

I join everyone else. This game really needs eye tracker support. It’s not a problem to wait, but would be awesome to hear some acknowledgement from developers if they even have plans for the support.

8 Likes

Yeah at this point I’d like to see someone from the moderation team chime up and say what’s the word… but I think they’re all boiling under overwork for the post-launch immediate support

1 Like

Agreed, this game needs Eye tracker support!

3 Likes

I too would love to see native, integrated support for the Tobii Eye Tracker 5.

Tobii Eye Tracker 5 works in DCS Digital Combat Simulator and IL2 Sturmovik Great Battles.

I am sure the team at Tobii would be happy to assist you to enable support for their product in your game if you contact them.

I have Track IR 5 but the Tobii Eye Tracker 5 is just vastly superior. It has head and eye tracking. It also works in Flight Simulators really well and is suited to them.

Also if you have not yet purchased the Tobii Eye Tracker 5, I highly recommend it. It works wonderfully and is super responsive. Great product.

Now lets get it working and provide integrated support for it in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

11 Likes