Support for Tobii Eyetrack

Another vote here for getting Tobii 4c/5 support in MS Flight Sim , to be honest I was astonished it wasn’t supported right from the start.
Sometimes feel I bought Betamax when I should’ve bought VHS. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Yes, yes and Yes.

3 Likes
7 Likes

Bump. Where’s the MSFS team? :slight_smile: can we get a voice out?

3 Likes

Its great to see all the support for our hardware solutions here on the forums. We (Tobii Game Engineering) monitor this forum continuiously, looking for an opening to add support for FS2020, either natively or through our companion app Tobii Gamehub.

Currently SimConnect (the game’s official SDK) does not support camera control and does also cause stuttering in the game. MS/Asobo have notified in other threads that they are working on a fix for the stuttering but we have not seen any confirmation on camera control. As SimConnect is working for fine for both FSX and Prepar3d i sincerely hope that this can be resolved shortly so that we all can get flying premium style.

Ebbe
Engineering
Tobii Gaming

16 Likes

In their latest development update the MSFS team said that the simconnect stutter will be fixed with the next patch.

1 Like

I don’t know anything about the official support, but I did figure out how to hack together a solution and make it work… tested with my Tobii 4C and Steam version of MFS2020

I posted a full guide for everyone interested:
https://qubavr.com/2020/08/tobii-mfs2020/

8 Likes

But - this is not native support… Would be nice to have everything polished and out-of-the-box…

7 Likes

would be nice to have ONE REPLY from Asobo :joy:

1 Like

Its now possible to vote for issues/wishes here on the forums. Please make sure to make your voice heard! See top of thread.

3 Likes

Thanks, I just noticed! :smiley:

Just voted too!

1 Like

bumping for ze votes, we had nearly 40 likes, we need to at least match that in votes :slight_smile:

Yes please - need it badly for my Tobii Eye Tracker 5

+1

Please support this!!!

I was able to buy my (used) TrackIR by investing in Tobii stock ^^ I’d rather have a Tobii but I also have a problem with obstructions from chipspåsar and kaffemuggar :smiley:

Also everyone, remember to press “vote” at the top.

2 Likes

Yes please make it happen… The Tobii people will be happy to help

2 Likes

Please add support of 4c and 5. It will add so much more immersion to this game

I already had FaceTrackNoIR working before finding QubaVR’s guide (Great detail in your guide thanks) and while others are waiting for native support I’m flying with awesome Tobii 4c head tracking working all for a few mins of time and $5.

1 Like

Will try that guide too, since the default curves are hgorrible!!
That’s why I prefer the implementations tobii ship with their software: Elite Dangerous has the perfect settings, you just have to get used to them and they are perfect, not buggy at all: Facetracknoir seems like a little hack-ish: It does work, but i prefer the real deal, no middleware.

1 Like