[FIXED] Forum Software Bugs?

Have any of you experienced any bugs using the forum since the update a few days ago?

1. Describe the bug
  2. Mobile or Desktop
  3. Type of browser

Bugs reported:

1. Cannot quote in a reply (refreshing the page seems to work)
  2. Cannot insert an emoji (random if it works or not)
  3. Cannot close the composer if you want to “cancel” a reply (refreshing the page seems to work)
  4. Uploading images will fail. (Trying again by canceling out of the composer seems to work or post your post without images then go back and add the images)
  5. The forum seems to be over all slower
  6. Cannot discard/trash a message (refreshing the page seems to work at times)
  7. Toolbar functions in the composer fails to work at times
  8. Cannot add tags at times; in particular after a topic has been created, adding a tag or additional tags fail
  9. Post preview (right side) will not work when using Reply to Post.

If you are having issues with uploading images, try this:

1. Post the post without the images, refresh the page, then go back and edit the post with your images
  2. “Replying to Topic” seems to work better with the composer functionality then it does with “Replying to Post”
7 Likes

yes… still ‘normal’ PC with browsers like Opera / Google

If I opened the new editor window with use “Reply to a topic / post”

• I can no longer quote user posts
  • I can no longer use bold / italic etc. functions
  • the Editors setting page is not available
  • can no longer upload images

It seems it works if I direct Quote a post , thus the new editor is opened with a quote.

Testing testing

How do you even quote a full post :smile:

1 Like

Can’t.
The software removes the quote when it’s quoted entirely.

1 Like

often I write a post and quote different users comments… that no longer works, just like the whole editor-scripts not :slight_smile:

It works only fine If I start with a “quoted” post, instead of a “reply to…” post :slight_smile:

1 Like

Try another browser. I’m using Opera for mobile and have issues. Also issues with Edge and Firefox mobile.

… same with Google ( now I’am writting in Google )…

1. Press " Reply to Post "
  • nothing works in new editor
  1. Mark a part of users post and choose “Quote”
  • all works fine in new editor

PS:: must leave for today :slight_smile:

1 Like

Indeed, reply to and the icons just get greyed out when you click on them. Does this still work? manually inserted asterisks

Classic, I failed to actually reply

1 Like

Just tried on Edge on iOS (which was updated yesterday) and it seems ok.

Scratch that, just tried to reply on a different topic and while typing the page reloaded with this….

Did a simple reply yesterday using Edge, Mobile.
Working nicely again, reply box visible.

Hi,

not in case “Reply to” :slight_smile: ( seems whole script is not working then ).

with a “quote” , how I wrote this post, all seems ok:

( scripts works, preview, quote other post , ect. ).

EDIT : an additional note

" Reply to Topic " ( button below all posts ) work fine too. Thus it seems the issue is “Reply to Post”.

1 Like

This is a reply-to from phone. The button up top doesn’t seem to work, but doing this where I manually insert asterisks into the text seems fine.

Again I’ve failed to actually reply-to even though I click the button. I am forever ashamed

2 Likes

All seems okay with Firefox - latest version.
The site seems to take an age to load but that’s probably more to do with my 14 year old Macbook Pro.

1 Like

I am on Chrome-no issues so far.

However, this is a bug that has been happening for a while, but when an email from the forums is sent sometimes I will get the “Heads Up: We only send 3 daily emails” but it is my first email of the day? Then, I will get another email from the forums even though I got the “Heads Up” message.

I believe that is a setting in the forum software and has done this for a while now. I believe it depends on how much mail is in the spool.

The issues we are seeing now started to occur after this last forum update. It’s mostly effecting mobile browsers and moderator functions. Some of what has been reported above by users, we’ve also noticed. There are a few bugs too not with mobile.

The forum is on a beta version of Discourse. Image that! :slight_smile: (However, the forum has pretty much been on beta versions without many issues)

2 Likes

Using Chrome on Android mobile I now can’t quote user posts.

The forum also seems to run a lot slower than it did before with constant slowdowns/lags.

I have updated mobile Chrome but it makes no difference :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve noticed that too.

1 Like

in other topics we would now recommend Workarounds: e.g. use a Laptop instead mobile phone :joy: :joy:

But then you must aware that you not can use “Reply to Post” :joy:

1 Like

I’ve noticed I have a real hard time uploading images when posting from Safari on iPadOS. I get a forum “processing” message after selecting the image file from my Photos library but the message never posts.

The workaround seems to be to do a CMD+A to select all the text, copy it, cancel the post before it completes and try again. The second time, I can paste in the text that I copied earlier, and when I go to insert the same photo I selected the first time, it will work as normal.