[FIXED] Forum Software Bugs?

that is exactly the issue I described… you clicked on “Reply to Post:wink: Use the other variants, as mentioned…

The issue is, I am in fact replying to a specific post, without quoting it, in a very long thread. The workaround I described works. But it’s definitely a forum bug. :wink:

1 Like

Another thing to mention about the new MSFS Forum GUI - given the same old War Horse Macbook Pro - it sends CPU resources through the roof. It’s truly really resource greedy.

It’s just a Forum - is this really necessary?
It’s just a page where we can talk. . .
Is this because we’re heading towards a Discord thing?

1. Went to quote a message, and the software just sat there loading and sat there and sat there, canceled and tried multiple times.
  2. Desktop.
  3. Chrome.
1 Like

In Chrome (laptop), i am not able to log in.
Instead of this, i am redirected to sign up for new account environment.
With Firefox, no problem.

Hi @Wallardi,
That might be a security setting in Chrome. The forum uses several cookies from different websites (Microsoft Account authentication, Xbox and the forum itself.) Check the security settings in Chrome for xsite cookies.

1 Like

Most important of all. Badges do not unlock.

I am still waiting for my 365 days in a row badge unlock :smiley:

:slight_smile:
That’s not a bug with this latest forum update. However, there was a period where the forum was down close to 23 hours and if you didn’t login during that one hour window, that badge would be lost.

I believe that time takes place eastern time zone. All other times relate to a 24 hour period from your last activity.

Unfortunately, we can’t grant that badge manually. :frowning:

I barely skated under that when that happened!

1. Sometimes I can’t discard a reply. Pressing the Discard or Bin icon does nothing.
  2. Mobile and Desktop
  3. Chrome
1 Like

Yep, I noticed that one too!

1 Like

hmmm… you have a “anniversary” batch :thinking:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/badges/24/jubilaum?username=maatz86

Is there a different one ?

You can get more of those as each year progresses.

but 365+365 < 554 :joy:

See here on mine, 2 of those anniversary badges - but only one devotee badge: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/u/Hester40MT/badges

Yes. There is one for visiting at least once in a year, plus the one below for visiting every day of that year.

1 Like

ah… the “follower” exist it in gold :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@ChaoticSplendid
I just had this happen to me. Thanks for adding that!

2 Likes

That one I am aiming for :smiley: But I have to admit I like to read here every day.

I’ve experienced all of the above late last week. I don’t know about items 8-9. If I did experience them, I didn’t notice them. But most definitely noticed the other ones. It wasn’t consistent though. I thought perhaps my VPN was the issue, as I found the forum far more sluggish, and that sometimes happens over VPN. And typically, refreshing a page made the issue go away.

EDIT: All seems ok today, even with my VPN.

1 Like

Just experienced #9 as I was replying to someone. Nothing showed up in the preview pane as I typed. It’s working as I type this post though.

2 Likes