[FIXED ON LIVE 1.19.8.0] You are missing packages that are essential to run Microsoft Flight Simulator. Please update the application and try again

i have a number of them missing that i can not download

1 Like

I have not tried yet but is there any chance to get the missing files on any other way?

Sadly I dont think so. For what its worth I have submitted a ticket to Zendesk.

How do I submit a ticket? Did not find the way to do this

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Tried it and it doesn`t work. Neither the placeholder nor any other workaround til now

Que problema con el simulador, ya varios dias buscando solucion para poder descargar la ultima actualizacion ,y nada, solo se queda en un bucle infinito la ventana de buscando actualizaciones y mas nada, me decepciono de ASOBO cada dia mas.

Same problem for me today, however mine didn’t crash during the update. I cleared my community folder first, ran the update and the sim started and everything seemed normal. Shut it back down, copied my community folder back and it now says I’m missing packages essential to run.

In another forum, Steam users say they can fix this by telling the Steam app to Verify integrity of game files which it runs another update. Sadly those of us on the windows store do not have this option.

Guys, I found a solution to this problem. You need to disconnect from the network and then enter MSFS. However, after entering, I cannot load free flight and can only fly activities. Waiting for the real solution

Can you please write this again in English?

Same problem. Download of the update was fine (4 h or so) and then could fly but :

1. After a few minutes game started to show heavy stutters. Unable to fly not to mention any landing
  2. Tried various flight (San Francisco/Copenhagen and so on) and same issues
  3. Eventually closed the shop and tried to restart.
  4. Unable to restart and got this message of missing files with only option to quit and straight back to the PC office
  5. Looked for any update but MSFS possible PREMIUM update is said to be unavailable so far
  6. Redownload full sim 3 times now and still exactly the same problem.

Could see during the few attempts of flight that landscapes are really nice but what if we cannot fly anymore.

Before this update I had already lots of problem because of this XBox. Everytime the jokers were updating it the sim itself was collapsing and I had no choice but to make a full reload from MS store. This XBox is a real b… and we need ASOBO to issue quickly an update for this mess or make a specific download engine for PC and forget about this XBox.

I know that building such a simulator is quite a big deal but without any solution the credibility of all this is going to be lost especially since the Zendesk is absolutly useless most of the time. Should you get any answer but the automated one. We are kind of testers from the very beginning and can accept it to some extent but as a minimum don’t launch updates that are spoiling everything.

Thanks for that info… I check my xml file.

I’m missing the whole section of asobo-modelib packages I should have along with the C152 package…

Support ticket here I come I guess.

I’m missing some content according to that file too.

But I have already send support a list of all packages that are in my OneStore folder 3 days ago, as they requested, no answer at all for 3 days, not even an acknowledgement that they are aware of it or working on it or something like this, nothing at all !

Same here. Standart answer and nothing else yet

That’s not surprising… Well at least we know what the issue is. Waiting for it to be fixed is another thing…

If I delete a package from my Onestore folder, e.g asobo-vcockpits-systems as it is a very small folder, this prompts the content manager to redownload that folder and then let’s me into the game… Worth a try?

Also, were you guys in the performance plus beta? I was and I think this has something to do with it.

No, I wasn’t in any beta at all.

Like I already said, if I delete a folder it gets redownloaded but then I’m stuck at the fully loaded blue bar, if I then exit and restart I’m back at the “missing packages” message.

Strangely enough, and I don’t know why I did it, I restored my community folder and now I’m back into the main menu, no update missing, nothing to download in the content manager (except for lots of files for planes and scenery I already uninstalled).

Haven’t tried a flight yet and haven’t closed and restarted the sim yet.

I deleted a package folder as suggested and was able to get in… My aircraft has no prop and I’m missing some building textures but the sim starts now

1 Like

Only problem is, you have to delete that folder before each start, otherwise you will be stuck at the missing packages message again.

1 Like

Same issue. Can’t go through. And, how do you « update » something when we don’t know where to to or where to clic ? In store for instance, there nothing on MSFS. It seams that We have to be « selected » by there servers for update. If not, impossible to update something… Do you have the same analyse? Regards. Alain