[FIXED ON LIVE 1.19.8.0] You are missing packages that are essential to run Microsoft Flight Simulator. Please update the application and try again

What do you mean with „restored community „? If you want you can answer in German

I compared my official folder with some of guys of my FTW-Airline. First view: the c152 is missing, only the liveries are there. Haven‘t had time enough to check the whole folder

I moved my Community folder out of the MSFS folder before I updated (like I’m doing whenever there is a update). Not sure about the Steam version but for the Store version inside of the MSFS folder there is a community folder where all of the non Marketplace purchased add-on goes.

I simply moved all of my purchased add-ons back into the MSFS community folder and I was back at the main menu, haven’t tried a flight yet.

What I noticed, as I did a complete uninstall and reinstall, all of the Premium Deluxe and Word Updates were missing. Haven’t updated them yet.

But like andy said, if I restart the sim I’m back at the “missing packages” message, but now if I delete one of the official folders (I take the A320 livery folder as it is rather small) it gets redownloaded and afterwards I end up in the main menu.

1 Like

Well, I can get into the menu but I can’t fly. I can click on the Fly button but nothing happens.

Not that I hoped it would now be fixed but at least I can get back into the game and try to install the madatory packages but still, I have no hopes this will fix the issue.

What a problem with the simulator, already several days looking for a solution to be able to download the latest update, and nothing, only the window of looking for updates remains in an infinite loop and nothing more, I am disappointed in ASOBO every day more. Sorry my bad english.

1 Like

Deleting one little file lets me go to the game. I can start a flight. Did not try very much. Seems that the left mouse button does not work. Maybe it is because of a payware aircraft, that is not updated from the developer yet. Addon Airport looks good, performance seems to be good on the ground, too

After testing several suggestions founded in this forum, this one worked for me:
1/ Suppress the COMMUNITY folder (typically of you use FBW A320)
2/ In the « official » folder, choose a small OSONO folder (I just renamed it in *.old. Take a folder which is about 10ko)
3/ Start MSFS
4/ Content manager find the missing folder, download it, and start correctly! It seams to repair a config file somewhere…

After that, on the other hand, if I reinstall add on like FBW A320, I fond the same initial problem…

Hope that will help. Regards. Alain, France

3 Likes

I’m at the point where I can just delete a small folder (like a A320 livery) and MSFS will redownload it and I can get into the main menu and do a training, landing challenge or bush trip etc.

But I can not start a flight via the world map, even after I have selected a plane and a airport I can klick on fly but nothing will happen.

No matter if I use my full community folder (even with the FWB A320) or not, I can not start a flight from the world map.

And of course next time I want to start MSFS I need to delete a official folder, otherwise I’m back at the missing packages so obviously, something essential is still missing but I have no idea what it might be and my ticket is unanswered for 3 days, never heard anything after the request for a list of my packages in my official folder.

Not happy at all !

Hi, I already wrote a couple of times; my trick is now to delete a couple of small "fs-base-… folders from the “official” one, and when loading the sim, it asks me to install these missing files; after that the sim opens regularly. Of course this is only a trick; hope MSFS fix this annoying issue.
Fulvio

thanks, but as I just wrote, with this trick I can get into MSFS too but I’m unable to start a flight

Hi Tundra, very sorry, since I can fly, instead. But I think we all know that there’s a universe of possible bugs in each of our pc; for instance, there are months I get the 747 MFDs black (and the 787 too), but any attempt to fix this bug is useless.
Fulvio

Thks to ClownSphere 5881 and to FiftyEagle07429 for their trick. Did it by delating the Community file and Toncontin airport in Official one. Then I do confirm that I could open the sim and these files have been redownloaded (Shown as necessary updates) when opening the sim and I can fly again.
Still some of the discover flights although being shown in the Official file are missing (Only Gizeh/San Francisco and Copenhagen available) but the remaining seems to be working.
Of course had to repeat the trick each time I did a test restart of the sim but at least it’s possible to fly.

I do hope that ASOBO reads us and will soon sort it out since apart from these bugs, the sim is smoother than ever with a real pleasure to fly the aircrafts. Not to mention the landscapes which are outstanding actually. Let’s be patients and hope…

Looks like I found the “missing essential packages” content, I don’t see a C152 or TBM930 folder anymore in the OneStore/Official folder and all I can find in the content manager are liveries for both planes.

Now where/how should I get them back ? I already did a complete reinstallation.

Agree. Same here C152 and TBM missing. Only liveries

Yes true. I have noticed the same issue and missing several basic folders such as C 208 a 320 Bonanza and so on, and they effectively don’t appear inside the sim when you want to chose an aircraft. However, as far as I’m concerned the 152 and TBM are loaded and I can select them… Weird…
Also with the discovery flights, althought all the files are present in the Official One store file, only Gizeh/San Francisco and Copenhagen are available in the home desk of the sim. Unable to select the others as they don’t appear.

Same question, how to get all this back ? Big mess

Since this post, I fount something which better works in an other order :

1/ Keep what you want in the COMMUNITY folder (typically of you use FBW A320)
2/ In the « official » folder, choose a small Osobo folder and suppress it (or just rename it in *.old. Take a folder which is about 10ko)
3/ Start MSFS
4/ Content manager find the missing folder, download it, and start correctly! It seams to repair a config file somewhere…

Hope that will help. Regards. Alain, France

Ok did it and it’s working. However a new issue appears now i.e after about 5/10 mn of flight (Whatever Discovery or normal one) at abt 35/40 FPS (High not Ultra) there’s a huge drop to 10 FPS and then almost impossible to fly.
I’m fitted with I9 10900 K 3.70 Ghz 64 Gb Ram NVidia 2080 Super. So not the origin of such a bug I guess.

Keepins on searching
Rgds to all - Michel (France as well) :wink:

I had a friend of mine share those packages on his OneDrive to me. I copied them in to my system and the error still happens. So there is more missing than just those.

I kept on trying to find out some solution. So far could not resolve this problem of missing files but can confirm that ClownSphere 5881 (Alain) trick works perfectly. His last post with point 1 to 4 is allright.
Of course it has to be followed at every start of the sim so far and most likely until ASOBO manage a new update with a solution.

With respect to my other problems of FPS dropping and missing Discovery flights I finally sorted it out.

Since TundraGibbon261 a.m post I’vs checked at my own Official One store file and found out that I had also a lot of missing aircrafts (Although different from his own one). So I have opened my Profil and the content manager. Then I have INSTALLED all these missing ASOBO aircraft. (In fact they are downloaded but not INSTALLED and we have to do it manually it seems)

The only files that I did not INSTALL now are only all 01 liveries and all GLOBAL-EMERALD -ORBIT etc… liveries).

Since these changes I now have recovered all DISCOVERY flights, have flown over 1 hour in the NAPLES bay as a discovery flight, half an hour of training flight and 2 TFFJ TNCM flights (1 with C 152 and 1 with Sirus ASOBO) and everything went well (Even very well). Total fluidity, a reasonnable 28/30 FPS with an ULTRA set up (Had the same result before with HIGH) and no specific problem.

Only one remaining is this ESSENTIAL FILES when opening which, as said, can be overcome with Alain’s trick.

Hope this will help a bit

Did two seperate flights. No issues within the sim. Smooth as butter. Graphic looks even better than before in my opinion. But have to delete one file prior any start. Still non reaction to my ticket

It seems that deleting one file prior any start is mandatory as long as ASOBO does not issue any upgrade.
Flights are effectively smooth with very nice graphics but it seems that ATC is totally messed up. For me no sound, fake baro instructions with constant requests from ATC to correct altitude up or down which makes it very unconfortable for approach and landing. No ATIS as well. Do you have this ?