[FIXED] Random CTDs due to internet and hardware issues

no, it was my sick head, after all the time msfs.exe module crash, i uninstall afterburner, with custom curvature of fan speed, so i probably had overheat gpu, i didn’t see more than 82, but 84 it default thermal limit for throttle, and probably it was after long flight, so for prevent flightsimulator.exe module crash must be help close explorer.exe, and for prevent nv_xxx_xxx.dll module crash help take t* cooler, in my case 0%-50* line curve 80%-80* next line curve 100%-90% in afterburner… with ambient 27 it’s take on maximum(constant) 77%-77* (max78)… if look at all causes it’s way to madhouse

Yea always try to keep your temps as low as possible. I wrote about this earlier here:

NEWS ON PATCH #2

• Patch is finishing final testing. Being prepped for release.
  • Patch will be released within the next 10 days.
  • Full patch notes will be released with the patch.

PATCH #2 HIGHLIGHTS

• Performance improvements
  • ATC updates
  • UI updates
  • Aerodynamic updates
  • Aircraft updates
  • Cockpit visuals and animation updates
  • General aviation system updates
  • General aviation avionic updated
  • Airliner system updates
  • Airliner avionic updates
  • Live Weather updates – (e.g. 225/3kt wind fixed, persistency fixed, etc.)
  • Upgraded multiplayer servers
  • Marketplace updates
  • Content Manager updates
  • Localization updates
  • Accessibility updates
  • Camera updates
  • Bush Trip updates (e.g. completion trigger fixed/Completionist achievement fixed)
  • World updates

Source:

[quote="[FIXED] Random CTDs due to internet and hardware issues Bugs & Issues, post:37, topic:236052"]
0xc0000005
[/quote]

i would say this exception code in the almost all ctd, and you don’t need take temperatures as low as possible, as it mean blow in all dust in the place around, but take optimal temp if ambient some high, take temp under 80 enough for every gpu, same for cpu, cpu can work 24/7 with 85, but this is the way for faster degrade chipset… so why if you don’t lazy for this best way is water loop with external radiator and internal air flow for cooling ram, mobo chipsets, voltage bridges etc. as minimum you prevent all thermal problem with high ambient, you can use condition at 24* too, but if you have street 32* after 24 from home is way to angina even for very strong healthy people… so when you have to take your home at 27 ambient, for this situation water loop will never overkill, but if you to lazy for make custom water loop, you just must have very best air cooler or very best water cooler for cpu and correct gpu fan curve to optimal temp, under 80*… in my case all default voltage for fans exclude cpu/pump, 7.2v without any curve, so all -12v fans work around 60% all the time, so i have to change one pull fan with curvature at 60*-12v(or pwm 100%) and another two push fans with same curvature what use cpu/pump for default… so, when people say - try to use default bios settings, when cpu overvolting as use voltage for very worst cpu with stock+, and your cpu can be very best, or good, or midle… and have to use other voltage, other than default, same about frequency… gpu is the other history, as most of them factory overclocked, and just don’t need to get 1% of gain with 60w+ tdp(thermal desert pain)
p.s. i was wrong, by default even pump fan on mobo use static voltage, so actually only one(cpu) fan, from default use curvature regulation auto pwm

Not working my end even after shutting explorer. I have als otied shutting all background apps. this is weird conflivt maybe of my monitor or internet…

1 Like

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f467af2
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f467af2
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000013dba52
Faulting process id: 0x2810
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6886038b5ffcf
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 1c22284a-09c0-471f-b54c-a278ba52d5a3
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

1 Like

Application: FlightSimulator.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 00007FF628BABA52

1 Like

Your monitor is not the cause. What is the refresh rate of your monitor? You could cap the FPS in your GPU driver and lower the resolution in game to see if that is helping, but I think you did that already. So what influences your system in regards of your Monitor is only the refresh rate and resolution, nothing else.

The internet connection can definitely influence the performance of FS2020, but you checked that already and do not have issues in other online games.

The exception code “0xc0000005” is a common error many other FS users currently have and is not directly related to FS. It’s caused by Windows v2004.

Path #2 will be released in a couple of days. Check my post above for the details:

i disable wi-fi on my phone, for router works only with my pc, hope this help a little

Started getting these water textures or spots popping up and dissappearing in water sinnce Beta. Was not there on alpha versions. I still get these but dont seem anyone else complaing about them. I wonder if my crashes related to them

1 Like

I think the water textures you see come from wrong real weather data. Might also be a sign of corrupted game files / config somewhere. Hard to tell what exactly the issue is in your case. But wait for patch #2. They’re working on many improvements.

1 Like

OK. I think i have finally got it somewhat working. I Havent had a ctd today even if I have been doing short flights. But Just succeeded between LFPG and EHAM whaich was a no no before. Also did others that would have led to crashes before. Will try longer flights later.

So I have turned off Razer Synapse. Corsair iCUE and Nvidia Geforce experience completely before starting the sim. Once the sim has started i turn off explorer.exe as mentioned before. I have also turned off v-sync. This triple combo is making me complete my flights without CTD.

AI aircraft and other traffic is by default 50% and is working ok.

2 Likes

PATCH VERSION 1.8.3.0 IS NOW AVAILABLE!

Right now, for a lot of users, this patch completely kill MSFS rendering it purely unusable. Be aware, although I can’t recall if you can choose not to do the patch (I doubt it though)

1 Like

this, had my first flight in NY to test the performance, all fine, second flight somewhere rural the game starts crashing, now every time i spawn

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that my friend. You’re apparently one of the many users for which the last patch completely kills the game. Welcome to the club lol

1 Like

My friend aswell, lets hope they put out a hotfix soon :confused:

2 Likes

In the meantime, I encourage you to send a ticket to zendesk. The more they get bombed by tickets regarding crashes with the last patch, the faster they’ll react. It’s midnight here in France, and Asobo being a french team, we’ll have to wait for tomorrow but I suspect they’ll grasp the s**tstorm soon enough lol :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I send tickets I’m always update them with files and proofs of the crashes they only anwsered to me one time and already did everything they said to fix. Since that 2 weeks past still the same and since then never anwsered to me.

1 Like

The after sale service seems atrocious, you better not have any specific and isolated issue that the majority don’t, otherwise you’re basically screwed and that’s the end of it. Had an issue like that too, but lucky for me, it was something server side and got fixed by itself, but I could see they’re very keen on generic copy/pasted answers…

1 Like